1/48 Supermarine Walrus Mk.I (A09183) Build Review

Ratch

1 hour ago, SD45elect2000 said:

That all said, I think Ratch did a fine job on the model and if he chooses to, I believe he is clever enough to change a color, we have seen examples of his remarkable abilities. 
many model builders make mistakes and get discouraged enough to give up. If Ratch does decide to change a color I hope he shares it. 

I think it can be done without disassembly.

Randall

Randall, 

I hope no one thought I was criticising the build. It was both good and informative as we have come to expect from Ratch. 
I just wanted to have a chat about the shadow shading and gain some more knowledge. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dominic,

I certainly didn’t think anyone was being critical. It’s clearly misleading information that caused the issue. I’ve been mislead by color conversions myself. The example I can think of is deep Mediterranean blue on a P-40. The conversion charts were more or less purple. I wisely used a different color from Humbrol, I’m ok with the results.

Better modeling through peer pressure? 

Randall

Edited by SD45elect2000
  • Like 1

We all know that colour matching is a minefield. Conversion charts can be misleading. Manufacturer's descriptions of individual paints can cause confusion. Until someone points out the best colour to use we all swim in the dark. I don't use Colourcoats and don't want to switch to another brand, I have quite enough different brands of paints. It would be useful to know which Vallejo, Humbrol, Revell, and Tamiya paints match the correct colours.

• Like 2