Elite “last chance to buy “

BritInVanCA

21 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Digikeijs went bust in in April 2023, so that’s then. I’d not invest in something tech with no support. I don’t have experience of their system but a lot of comments seem to indicate it actually a relatively old system that wasn’t updated for years. I like a controller I can hold and use, I’m not  interested sitting in front of a computer screen, I don’t  think I am alone there. 

It depends what you are used to, YAMORC produce an upgrade to the existing Digikeijs which is what I fitted, I gather they intend to produce new full units. If you think Digikeijs is an old system I dread to think what the Hornby Elite is. As I said there is the z21 app that sits on a smartphone if you really don't want to sit in front of a computer screen. If you want to control 5 or more locos then you need a decent sized screen. As I said I like it and from what I have seen of the others, not so out of date.

i think its an age thing. Me, i am quite happy,sitting, using RM, and laptop, whereas kids prefer, walkabouts. As for Elites, i am very happy with them. Old, yes, updated, yes, mine are up to date. Its purely what floats your boat, or moves your trains.

• Like 2

I don’t know Colin, it’s just the impression various different sources were suggesting. I think generally a lot of the DCC systems are pretty old by comparison to other techy products, and to be honest that not a bad thing! 
I like the ability to move about layout as I like operating different parts and shunting etc. I like to do the driving myself and and a tactile control interface. The HM DCC App is great via phone for setting up but I prefer a physical control mechanism 😁

With regards to the Z21 app. Roco has blocked other controllers from taking advantage of the app. You will need a Z21 to use the app. Other systems will have to provide their own apps for their systems (with Digikeijs of course, that won't happen)

Edited by HST Mainline
Spelling

On 16/06/2024 at 12:17, HST Mainline said:

With regards to the Z21 app. Roco has blocked other controllers from taking advantage of the app. You will need a Z21 to use the app. Other systems will have to provide their own apps for their systems (with Digikeijs of course, that won't happen)

Digikeijs is no more but YAMORC provide an upgrade. My Z21 app is still working with my YAMORC upgraded Digikeijs hardware, so when exactly did they block it.

They did that a few weeks ago.

AFAIK the guy that makes the Yamorc products (it is just one guy) said on a German forum that he will respect Roco’s effort to keep the app an exclusive for the Z21, so, even if he could, he will not reverse engineer it to work with his controller.

On 21/06/2024 at 03:23, HST Mainline said:

They did that a few weeks ago.

AFAIK the guy that makes the Yamorc products (it is just one guy) said on a German forum that he will respect Roco’s effort to keep the app an exclusive for the Z21, so, even if he could, he will not reverse engineer it to work with his controller.

Yes, I noticed on mine last night. You can purchase the App for just under £18.00 which for what it is, is quite good value, I am not sure if that is a one off payment or annually. I am not sure about purchasing it I am quite happy with the windows interface but on the other hand it makes the pad redundant

22 minutes ago, HST Mainline said:

It is a one-off payment. It is not a subscription.

Thank you for that information, compared to all the other costs that is a reasonable price.

Edited by ColinB