Deactivating Railmaster

So basically my grandad gave me his Elink which he had used but the previous device he had Railmaster on got thrown away without deactivating Railmaster, The bad part is that the problem I'm getting with Railmaster means that it needs deactivating on the previous device so does anyone know how to use it even though its activated on something else and if not then does anyone know how to deactivate it from a different device🤔

Could a Mod please change the title to Deactivating Railmaster.

TKC, posting with the title RM in the RM forum tells us nothing about your problem.  You are likely to get more replies if people who know how to fix it know what your problem is.

That said, the only way to deactivate RM is to send an email to HRMS with full details of the original licence including the licence key, and other details such as the email originally specified etc.

I realize you are unlikely to have those details now but you have a chance if you have the key (otherwise no chance).  Having downloaded and installed the evaluation version, you can then use the email feature within the Help tab to contact them and explain.

However, given you aren’t your grandad, they will likely refuse and require you to purchase your own key which you can do online from within the evaluation version.  Once you do that and enter the key, the evaluation version is unlocked into the full version. 

Details on how to download RM are in the sticky topic a couple above this one.

• RB51 changed the title to Deactivating Railmaster