What should be done with the Airfix Forum archive?

It’s right at the top of the sub-forum listing, and it’s a prime target for new members to post in.

Would it help to rename the Airfix Forum to something that better explains what it is, and then move it to the bottom of the forum list so it’s not easy to accidentally post in?

Is it possible to lock it?

Finally, is it actually any use? I’m sure most images links are broken.

• Like 2

I have asked for it to be locked and moved to the bottom of the sub-forum listings.

Unfortunately, the lazy still post there, even though the topics are 6 years old.

• Like 2

I’m not sure ‘lazy’ is the correct term. Although I noted in another post that nothing new had been posted there for almost 10 years, that’s not quite true. The last two recent posts have been by contributors new to the Airfix Forum. They need to be supported and encouraged so that they get the response they are looking for. As this site is going through major change, there will be difficulty and a lack of enthusiasm. The evidence for that (for me) is in the vastly reduced number of posts, especially those with builds and completed model pix. 
Let’s hope these new guys can add to the quality of this site. 

Edited by Dominic Thomas
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

When logging in this morning to the Airfix site on my iPhone  I noticed the following

IMG_5902.thumb.jpeg.cb6fa79305d6ae6657ee913cd632de61.jpeg

followed by 
IMG_5903.thumb.jpeg.222984fe3c69933775587fbae9daa07c.jpeg

then the main forum screen :

IMG_5904.thumb.png.5526c820962936c51fc2f3f840e4237e.png

The first view I get of the Airfix Forum is the topic Airfix Forum, with the instruction to not post on this forum. 
Now, experienced visitors know what this means, but perhaps it’s putting off newcomers. 
Just a thought. 

Edited by Dominic Thomas

I concluded that my previous entry was confusing. 
This one is more to the point. 
When entering the Airfix Forum (on an iPhone), the list of topics is displayed along with the last post for each. 
On my phone, the only topic/forum displayed in the visible area of the screen is Airfix Forum with the instruction ‘Do Not Post In This Forum’. 
My point is , that’s confusing for people new to the site. So perhaps that topic/forum should not be the lead one. 
IMG_5904.thumb.png.2cae0c495d1c0f237560f4c11b6e1102.png

Edited by Dominic Thomas