Mk 1 Buffet car

A chap on FB has drawn up a Mk1 Buffet Car and sells the files on Cults for you to get printed yourself, he does not print to sell.

His first test print he was not happy with and offered it for sale which I bought and here it is. This was quite rough but not as bad as Shapeways and obviously the finish depends on how you print it. This I think this was a filament print not resin.

Mine is being fitted to a Hornby chassis but later he will be offering a proper underframe and bogies to suit.

Another nice little addition to the Hornby rakes.

IMG_20240705_233620.jpg

IMG_20240705_233600.jpg

IMG_20240706_093213.jpg

• Like 6

Really exciting to see the increasing supprt for TT120  growing, especially the buffet. What I'd really like is a choice of mk1 bogies to enable adaption of what we have. B1, commonwealth and B4 were all visually significant differences and affected whete used,especially in mixed rakes where speed rating was an issue. Seems a simple mod.

13 minutes ago, Rustyjt said:

Really exciting to see the increasing supprt for TT120  growing, especially the buffet. What I'd really like is a choice of mk1 bogies to enable adaption of what we have. B1, commonwealth and B4 were all visually significant differences and affected whete used,especially in mixed rakes where speed rating was an issue. Seems a simple mod.

Javmar are going to be doing different bogies like this Commonwealth one on their BG.

• Like 1