Dead and Failing TT:120 motors, The Movie

12v carbon brush N20 motors are not available so both Garry and myself obtained 6v ones, these are only available with a single shaft so some prep work is needed to remove the blanking plate and refit the bearing. 
Here is a link to the ones I obtained as the end cap donor, mine were slightly different to the ones Garry received, not sure if we both used the same supplier though. 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252919434108?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=aOWTo0jgSRC&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Q02lvap8QMe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 47606 Odin said:

I thought you were replacing the motor previously to a carbon brushed one as that had been discussed. Never mind, I’ll have to find the type with the carbon brushes. Can you identify the difference from the outside?

But Matt and Garry are both doing carbon brush replacements???

I have done a short video covering how to prepare the 6v carbon brush endcap for installation on the OE Hornby 12v motor. 
yesterdays video had the blanking plate removal missing, I have also included links in description for the gear puller and the supplier I used for the 6v carbon brush motor to act as the donor for the endcap and carbon brushes. It’s under 8mins not like the last two epics 🤣

• Like 1