Look what I found in Chesterfield today (05/08/2024)

JJ73

11 hours ago, What About The Bee said:

Hi @Tim Allen

From that description, it sounds like you have definitive knowledge.  That the panel is representative of actual regional railway history.

Is the locomotive in the panel evocative of the actual locomotives that were utilized there?  Do you happen to have an image of a locomotive that "matches" the panel?  Presumably with a cow catcher, of course.

I think it is terrific that the panel isn't just a piece of art.

Bee

not sure about the cow catchers, unless it was in case of people walking in front.

@Tim Allen Hello Tim - Are those Photos of Chesterfield by any chance??? Is that West Bars Round-about in that 1st photo by any chance??? Yes I remember going up that ladder - but couldn't go any further b/c there was a metal grid at the top!!!🤔🚂

7 hours ago, JJ73 said:

@Tim Allen Hello Tim - Are those Photos of Chesterfield by any chance??? Is that West Bars Round-about in that 1st photo by any chance??? Yes I remember going up that ladder - but couldn't go any further b/c there was a metal grid at the top!!!🤔🚂

yes, the old market station. The building in the background lasted about 30 year before being pulled down and replaced. 

454290069_3808952469361136_884734791684300231_n.jpg

Edited by Tim Allen