Airfix Refuelling Set: reworking a classic kit

RAF vehicles were officially RAF Blue Grey BS.33 from 1937.  Humbrol 96 is uniform colour NOT vehicle colour.  Mix 5 x H32 + 2 x H14 + 2 x H33, satin varnish when dry.  In 1939-40 some vehcles in France and South of England were paintedwith browns and greens paint intended for buildings camouflage.  AMO 618/41 August fell into line with army colours.  Khaki Green 3 basic with Dark Tarmac 4 stripes disrupter.  Khaki Green can only be mixed with Revell paints.  
AMO 1397/42 December change of scheme, basic colour now SCC 2 brown with SCC1A disrupter in army 'Mickey Mouse' design.  October 1943 changed disrupter to SCC 14 black same design.  September 1944 change to overall SCC 15 Olive Drab, this is NOT the same shade as the U.S. colour. Mix 8 x H159 +1 pt H33.  AMO 306/46 changed back to Gloss RAF Blue Grey but now with Black mudguards, valence wheels and chassis.

• Like 1

That's interesting,  I have some scratchbuilt 1/32 Beaverette armoured cars that were used as airfield defence. These too were apparently painted by squadrons at airfields in green and brown. I used RAF dark green and dark earth, on the basis that they'd definitely have had these colours to hand. I wonder if they were more organised than I assumed, and had army paint shades available?