Select Controller

Battersby

I have successfully programmed 4 steam locomotives and a DMU using the 'Select' Controller and a stretch of programming track, (3 with factory decoders and 2 with self fitted decoders (R8249)) but seem to have got stuck on the 6th locomotive an R2913X

Thompson L1 with factory fitted decoder. I could not get my controller to show LA for this model, it runs through the diagnostic OK, i.e 11 then 30 and then 03, but try as I might I cannot get it to show LA, it will only show A1. I thought the answer might

be to change the original 03 to 06, but have found that the controller will now only show A1 for all of the locos. All locos work, but two of them now have the same address, the original 03 and the new Thompson L1. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Hi

Before doing much else I would reset the Select. See Select manual page 19 on how to do this.

Next, I would suspect you have suffered a short circuit at some stage which has caused some (if not all) of the loco decoders to self reset to their

factory default address of 3. Once the Select has been reset carry out the changing of address numbers as required on each loco one at a time on the separate programming track or remove all other locos while programming one on the main line. Note address numbers

are 1 to 59 only with the Select and avoid address No 3 which is common default for all decoders.

Archived