Rest Of World Delivery

Baldrick100

Baldrick100 said:
To join the club with the Club Loco option really is not an option - 45 pounds delivery for 1 loco? Makes it a 100 pound loco

I really have no idea what you are trying to say.

In the UK: £26.00 - which includes

the club locomotive
ROW: £32.00 - which includes the club locomotive

The extra cost of £6.00 for the ROW is for the increased postage to mail the locomotive (or the catalogue) and the eight magazines. No, they don't give you a price break if you

choose the voucher.

It does cost more to send packages and periodicals overseas than it does in the UK.

Ozexpatriate said:

Baldrick100 said:
To join the club with the Club Loco option really is not an option - 45 pounds delivery for 1 loco? Makes it a 100 pound loco
I really have no idea what you are trying to say.

In the UK: £26.00

- which includes the club locomotive
ROW: £32.00 - which includes the club locomotive

The extra cost of £6.00 for the ROW is for the increased postage to mail the locomotive (or the catalogue) and the eight magazines. No, they don't give you a price

break if you choose the voucher.

It does cost more to send packages and periodicals overseas than it does in the UK.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I clicked on the delivery fees in the shopping basket. It says there that Rest of

world is 45 regardless of value. Read it wrong then.

Baldrick100 said:
I clicked on the delivery fees in the shopping basket. It says there that Rest of world is 45 regardless of value. Read it wrong then.

Yes, that shipping fee is crazy, but it doesn't apply to the Collectors' Club

which has different 'products' to select for each region.

A couple of years ago I tried to purchase a catalogue directly from Hornby and that £45 shipping fee popped up. An £8 catalogue with £45 in shipping is crazy. (I bought my catalogue from someone

else.)

Having said that, at times I've seen them list a 'Catalogue-ROW' option that is inclusive of postage, just like the Collectors' Club.

Agree it doesn't apply to Collector Club, only store purchases. So you'd need to spend 450 pounds with your CC discount to offset the postage. So I never buy from Hornby, only from the online sellers. That way you get the low price first, reasonable postage

for what you buy, you don't pay VAT as its outside EU and you also don't pay GST if under $1,000. So far cheaper this way than buying from Hornby or in Aust unless they have a special price on what you want.

• 8 months later...

I've realized the only possible use for the 20 pound voucher you get when you join (and choose that option, as I did) is to use it when you renew your membership. Otherwise Hornby's prices plus their outrageously steep postage costs to Australia make it

silly to buy from them even when using the discount voucher. I recently priced a new loco - $137 from Hornby inc P&P after using the discount voucher, but buying it from a well known dealer in Liverpool was $92 inc P&P and minus VAT! I still buy Hornby products,

but just not from them direct. The other issue with buying from them is they won't deduct the VAT for overseas customers. How about it Hornby??

Archived