RailMaster going wireless

Hello

I have a Hornby Elite and Railmaster, but the problem is that my laptop is on the otherside of my bedroom and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas if it was possible to have a wireless connection via the PC and Elite. I was thinking of

a USB wireless transmitter / reciever for the PC and a x-pressnet wireless transmitter / reciever. I wanted to know if anyne had attempted this as it would make operation with Railmaster feasible.

trainzcal2001 said:

Hello

I have a Hornby Elite and Railmaster, but the problem is that my laptop is on the otherside of my bedroom and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas if it was possible to have a wireless connection via the

PC and Elite. I was thinking of a USB wireless transmitter / reciever for the PC and a x-pressnet wireless transmitter / reciever. I wanted to know if anyne had attempted this as it would make operation with Railmaster feasible.

Could you not simply

extend the length of the wiring from the Elite to the track so that you could move the Elite nearer to your laptop?

But, the problem is tht the cable will have to go through several walls, since my layout is in a large room but i have built myself fake signal box that is higher above my layout so I can drive it from the signal box through the laptop but, the elite is

probably 50 meters away in the transformer/ circutry boxes with the many custom logic boards and timers and resistors that allow my layout to run. So a active cable is not viable since it would have to cross the railway, several walls, electricals boards and

the floor

Not sure if this could be considered as an alternative, but it works for me.

My layout is in a separate building about 20m from the house. The main household computer is in the house and has a Wireless Modem router attached which provides the household

internet connection. For next to nothing (NZ$10.00 - although you can generally pick them up for 0.00) I bought an old desktop pc which sits on the floor under the layout and has a DLink USB Wireless adapter on it. The train pc has Railmaster on it and is

connected to my 2 Elites and it also connects to the main household pc via the wireless connection.

Total cost about NZ$50.00 (approx GBP 26.00)and no holes in the walls! I've also got the Railmaster Hand Held evaluation working using my Samsung tablet.

Cheers,

Codger

Mike

My tablet is Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1"). It's running Android 4.0.4.

I paid for the full HandHeld version last evening and the only issues I have when now using the tablet are - 1) I have to touch the speed control twice to get the

train to move (although this was happening immediately after Railmaster v1.47 was installed, prior to purchasing the full version) and 2) with 16 locos, the scroll to select a loco from toward the bottom of the list is very clunky and difficult to use.

I'll

keep persevering!

Codger

Archived