e-link specifications

Mike, apart from info individuals may have gained in discussion with Hornby, the only info we have is what is on this web site. If you look at the eLink product description in the online catalogue, it clearly says 1 Amp, although I agree there is a reference

to 4 Amp elsewhere. But I think we can assume 1 Amp as the total price isn't that much more than the price of the 4 Amp supply.

I'm not sure how specific they've been on what operating systems they will have for the RM apps either, although definitely

Apple and Android.

Can I suggest the best way to find this out would be to contact HCC and ask them. We'd all like to know what they say too.

For the best info in the forums, you might also look at the thread ipad software in this forum. This has lengthy discussion of handheld beta testing that's been going on. Also, in there, LMSTim posted:

All the hand-helds apps are now available for download.

Your RailMaster program should show you a message letting you know. You can also view the page in the About screen (news button).

So try downloading and installing the evaluation version and it will tell you what handheld apps are available. You can find

it under Hornby DCC Railmaster on this site.

Having told you this, I just went and downloaded the latest version of RM and checked what it says - there are apps for palm OS 5, Windows CE/Mobile and Apple iOS 4 and Android. So no Blackberry.

I believe it does work on the Blackbery 9000 series with the full touch screens. Since you can download a free evaluation version I'd give it a go. The same link as for the Apple and Android platforms as the Blackberry phones use the same type of browser

as Apple (Safari).

Fishmanoz said:
Thanks for info, in the Hornby Collector mag it says 4 amp, but as you say the price quoted looks more like a puny 1 amp. Cannot see the point of selling it with a 1 amp though, with all the features available I would rather the

price was higher to start with + included the more powerful transformer. Most people will bin the supplied 1 amper straight away I should think, maybe the parts bin!! I have a B@@@@@@n D@@@@@s which is very good but limited to 40 locos, so I like the idea

of having all my locos to hand & also being able to select locos by picture instead of remembering the Loco number.
For the best info in the forums, you might also look at the thread ipad software in this forum. This has lengthy discussion of handheld beta

testing that's been going on. Also, in there, LMSTim posted:
All the hand-helds apps are now available for download. Your RailMaster program should show you a message letting you know. You can also view the page in the About screen (news button).
So

try downloading and installing the evaluation version and it will tell you what handheld apps are available. You can find it under Hornby DCC Railmaster on this site.
Having told you this, I just went and downloaded the latest version of RM and checked

what it says - there are apps for palm OS 5, Windows CE/Mobile and Apple iOS 4 and Android. So no Blackberry.

LMSTim said:

I believe it does work on the Blackbery 9000 series with the full touch screens. Since you can download a free evaluation version I'd give it a go. The same link as for the Apple and Android platforms as the Blackberry phones

use the same type of browser as Apple (Safari).

Thanks for that, I have a Blackberry Playbook which is full touch screen. I was looking at the Z23 but thats £300+ and I would still need an android tablet. Though you can get ones from £50 upwards

with the latest operating system if you search online. I will give a go with the free download, although wouldnt I need an Elite to get it working to start with? I only have a Select which came with a set I bought, which I have tried but don't use, because

I started digital with a B man set many years ago.

b1llyboy said:

Thanks for that, I have a Blackberry Playbook which is full touch screen. I was looking at the Z23 but thats £300+ and I would still need an android tablet. Though you can get ones from £50 upwards with the latest operating

system if you search online. I will give a go with the free download, although wouldnt I need an Elite to get it working to start with? I only have a Select which came with a set I bought, which I have tried but don't use, because I started digital with a

B man set many years ago.

Not really a fair comparison with the Z21 as that product doesn't need a PC to operation, you can just use a wireless device (pc/smartphone/tablet).

Archived