uploading railmaster into trackmaster

Because TrackMaster produces geometric drawings to scale and RailMaster uses MIMIC diagrams which are not to scale and which only use vertical, horizontal and 45 degree track elements it would be very difficult to translate a TrackMaster drawing into RailMaster.

Having

said that it is incredibly easy to draw a track plan in RailMaster precisely because you can only use vertical, horizontal and 45 degree pieces. You'll do it in a fraction of the time it took to create your TrackMaster drawing.

Another thing to bear

in mind is that if you started off by using one of the built in plans in TrackMaster then most of them have already been done in RailMaster so you can just amend those.

Hope that helps.

I just got back into model railways and am an architect by profession. I designed a 2m x 1.5m layout using TrackMaster, which was straightforward.

Knowing about engineering drawing I knew it would be a virtually impossible task to get my TrackMaster

drawing imported into RailMaster. They are two different animals. TrackMaster is much more precise in producing absolute scale drawings, whereas RailMaster uses block diagrams like the London Underground, so everything is approximate.

If it's any consolation,

my TrackMaster drawing had 514 pieces of track on it and I entered the drawing into RailMaster from a standing start in 20 minutes. Not bad.

Archived