Desperate for advice DCC 2 aspect signal

simonhaz

Hi,

I'm completely new to this. I am looking to build a layout. Will be aiming to get Elite DCC and Train Master.

Could someone explain how you would connect a traintonics 2 aspect R/G or Y/G up to DCC.

Am I correct in thinking it will

be as simple as connecting it to the accessory decoder?

How would you then also go about controlling a 2 aspect signal with 1 or 2 junction indicators (feathers)?

Please be gentle with me, not an expert with electrics!

If my memory serves me correctly, don't these include a decoder? If so, just connect it to the programming track, select an accessory address and you are away.

If I'm wrong and they don't have a decoder,then connecting to an accessory decoder is the

way to do it.

I'll let someone else answer about junction indicators.

simonhaz said:

Hi,

I'm completely new to this. I am looking to build a layout. Will be aiming to get Elite DCC and Train Master.

Could someone explain how you would connect a traintonics 2 aspect R/G or Y/G up to DCC.
Am

I correct in thinking it will be as simple as connecting it to the accessory decoder?

How would you then also go about controlling a 2 aspect signal with 1 or 2 junction indicators (feathers)?

Please be gentle with me, not an expert with electrics!

Hi
The

TT signals whether or not supplied with a Junction Indicator (Feather) should ideally be worked by the TT301 dedicated decoder. This allows full DCC control of the signal aspects and the J/I too. It should work with all DCC systems that are NMRA compatible

and the TT301 decoder controls a 2, 3 or 4 aspect signal plus a left and right J/I
Google TT301 for further details.

Hi,

The problem with TT 4-aspect signals is that you have to repeatedly send signal clear's to step the aspects through their sequence. So if the signal is at red, a clear will set it to single yellow, another clear to double yellow, a third clear to

green, and a fourth clear back to red. If a R/I is fitted, a stop message toggles the R/I on and off. What it means is that if the signal is at single yellow when a train passes, you want the signal to go to red immediately. However, because of the above sequence

you have to send it 3 quick clear's in a row to achieve red, and double yellow and green flash briefly in the process, not exactly realistic!! I much prefer One-Touch signals by Train-Tech. These have their decoder built into their base - no larger than your

thumbnail - and 4-aspect signals are given two consecutive port addresses, one for red/green, the other for single/double yellows. And yes, it CAN be switched directly from single yellow to red. The down side is that they haven't yet produced a signal with

a route indicator, but I'm sure demand will be such that they could produce one with a third port address to control the R/I.

Ray

Archived