Elite Not Recognised

I have finally got a small track down complete with point motors fitted. these work ok by using the elite controller. I have railmaster installed with my track put in but when i click on a point nothing alters. also i have put a small programme in but

when i go to run it a screen comes up to say DCC controller not recognised. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi victorrichard, and welcome to the forums. I would suspect that Railmaster is not recognising your Elite. This will be either because the driver is not installed (less likely as it is done as part of installing Railmaster (if the Elite was attached to

your computer when you did the installation) or you have not set the correct Comm port.

Go into Device Manager in Windows and check that the Elite shows under ports and if so, note the number. Now open your manual which will be in the Railmaster folder,

under Program Files or for windows 7 or 8, 64 bit, Program Files (x86), and near the front, see where to set the Comm port in the Controller section where the Elite is shown. If you couldn't find the Elite on a Comm port at all, that section of the manual

tells you how to install the driver too.

I am going to have to do all of this myself as I've yet to attach the Elite to the computer with RM installed. I know the driver is already there though as I installed it when I upgraded my Elite firmware to

the latest v1.41. Have you updated your firmware (the version shows when you first turn the Elite on)? If not, you should.

Fishmanoz said:

Hi victorrichard, and welcome to the forums. I would suspect that Railmaster is not recognising your Elite. This will be either because the driver is not installed (less likely as it is done as part of installing Railmaster

(if the Elite was attached to your computer when you did the installation) or you have not set the correct Comm port.

Go into Device Manager in Windows and check that the Elite shows under ports and if so, note the number. Now open your manual which

will be in the Railmaster folder, under Program Files or for windows 7 or 8, 64 bit, Program Files (x86), and near the front, see where to set the Comm port in the Controller section where the Elite is shown. If you couldn't find the Elite on a Comm port at

all, that section of the manual tells you how to install the driver too.

I am going to have to do all of this myself as I've yet to attach the Elite to the computer with RM installed. I know the driver is already there though as I installed it when

I upgraded my Elite firmware to the latest v1.41. Have you updated your firmware (the version shows when you first turn the Elite on)? If not, you should.

Hi

Thanks for your help I just checked every thing you said the com ports did not mach. I don't no why, they were both com 3 at first. I had com 3 on the elite and com 1 on the computer. I was still disapointed after putting them both on 3 as it

still did not work last night. Tried it today and its the first time I seen it working brilliant.

I am not to sure about my cable from the elite to the computer when I disconnect I have to plug it in and out a few times before it works but a new cable will

sort that out.

On the main screen on the computer top right is the first time Ive seen controller active, the other symbol says loco inactive. but the locos work

Thanks for your help

victorrichasd

• 3 weeks later...

Graskie, just read this again. Almost certainly is that the com port has changed. When you unplug and re plug, it must go back to the original port. Next time it is not working, check Device Manager for the port allocated, then check RM Controller 1 and

make sure it is the same. If not, correct it in RM.

Archived