8 pin harness

malang66

Fishmanoz said:

It will work. The pin configurations are defined in the NMRA specification for DCC so are universal.

cheers for that will get some next time i order chips may be better than cutting plug off as had problems

at weekend as you may have read in not happy chappy so was looking for easyer way and the seems the way..

geochoice said:

I learned that too. Can get quite a choice of harnesses with 8 pin socket, easier to beggar that and not the chip saves £'s too, plus of course easy to remove or swap chips.

ive seen a lot of people complaining

about quality of wirring on chips lately.. think there may be a bad batch out there..

Yep.. a common problem often commented upon. I have only had one decoder lose one of its wires (4 function) and I managed to resolderit straight away, making it far stronger. I'm generally very careful with fragile stuff anyway so handling these hasn't

been much of a problem although the wiring is extremely suspect at times. Quite why a small harness can't be attached to secure the fragile wires is beyond me. Well, maybe not... it may cost a few pence to add one!

Archived