Can only get reverse on DCC Fitted A4 Mallard

davevavra

Hi there, I have just bought a brand new DCC Fitted A4 Mallard and when I put it on the track I can only get reverse. I am using a DC controller at the moment and in the process of upgrading to a DCC Controller in the very near future. I have 2 other Engines

which are DCC Fitted and I have no problem running them forward or reverse. Is there anything I have to do to make it go forward as well as reverse or is it a fault within the engine. I would really appreciate any help with this, Thank you.

Hi Dave, you don't seem to have a lot of people rushing to solve your problem do you? I didn't answer first up as I'm not certain of exactly how the decoder works when it is running in analogue, read DC, mode. However, my first thought is that you may

have a faulty decoder.

In any case, as it is new, take it back.

Hi Dave, again sorry for late answer but been tied up in my own problems. I bought the Mallard DCC fitted last April without knowing it, only found the box after selling off older trains before going DCC and finding out it was already fitted. I have run

mine on analogue for all that time until it was jumpy in reverse for me but runs fine on DCC, I would agree that the decoder is faulty or needs reprogramming, your dealer should be able too do this for you....

dude2112 said:

Hi Dave, again sorry for late answer but been tied up in my own problems. I bought the Mallard DCC fitted last April without knowing it, only found the box after selling off older trains before going DCC and finding out it

was already fitted. I have run mine on analogue for all that time until it was jumpy in reverse for me but runs fine on DCC, I would agree that the decoder is faulty or needs reprogramming, your dealer should be able too do this for you....

Thanks guys for your help, I was hoping that it wasn't a faulty engine as I live in France and the company I bought it from doesn't deliver here so I had it delivered to my Sons house in UK

and he sent it to me. Now I will have all the hassle getting

it back to them and getting the replacement out here. Got no faith in buying anything brand new nowadays. Once more thank you all for your help.

Archived