Multiple programmimg?

81F

I have a number of locos of the same basic type fitted with the same decoder so I would like to customise their CV settings after arriving at a set that seems to work on one of them. In order to save time could I place 5 on the same programming track and

go through the process or do I have to do each individually.

I appreciate that I will have to change the address afterwards.

Interesting idea and I don't know for sure. Five might be a stretch as the programming track output is low power so may not take the load, but at least you should be able to do more then one.

Let us know the answer if you give it a try. Even if

something weird happens you can read the decoder to find out what happened.

No, that's a different programme routine. BUT, you have to enter the loco I.D. before you can change any other cv's, just like when you add a new pre-fitted loco, and change the address to suit your purpose (they can't all be 003!), but it doesn't alter

any of the other settings.

2e0dtoeric said:

No, that's a different programme routine. BUT, you have to enter the loco I.D. before you can change any other cv's, just like when you add a new pre-fitted loco, and change the address to suit your purpose (they can't all

be 003!), but it doesn't alter any of the other settings.

Thank you.

Sorry, some fuzzy thinking going on here. You don't first select loco address before programming other CVs. Address is just one menu item under Loco, Direct, others being Accel/Decel, V Start, CV Read, CV Write etc. So if you have already programmed your

locos with different addresses, then put all on the programming track together and start writing other CV values, all should be programmed, except to the extent all the locos together overload the system and none get programmed.

Archived