dcc from another supplier

malang66

Fishmanoz said:

Sounds like a plan malang. Just remember the much greater loco functionality the Elite will give you though. So make sure when you need the 4Amp supply that you want to stay with the Select, because you have the option of

going Elite at that point as it comes with 4Amp.

Thanks for that have been looking at elite but dont know if i can justifie the extra cost for my small layout, if i upgrade size of layout then my be get elire but never e-link as like the old

way of switches to control pionts and stuff..

As well as what I've said above, you'll find a further explanation of the differences between Select and Elite from me at https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-digital/4463/

I've put it in a negative way there. But it can equally be

said Elite can do all of that stuff. The fundamental problem is that Select isn't NMRA compliant and can address only 4 of the over 250 CVs available in the NMRA spec. Then oh may note that I was addressing my reply to geochoice who sent his brand new Elite

back when he was unable to upgrade his firmware and turned it into a non-functioning brick while trying, and at last reports was happily using a Select plus a Select walkabout to do everything he wanted.

What I've said here let's you make an informed

choice. The decision on that is yours.

Archived