Problem converting loco to DCC

Waitingforth

Sounds like a bad connection to the decoder. Assuming you have it wired correctly, I'd be checking cleanliness and firmness of all connections from controller to the loco including wiring, track, wheels and pickups. Also, you can try a light downward pressure

on the loco to help.

Are you using Select or Elite or other?

Thanks eric, a case of selective forum blindness on my part, hopefully not related to senile dementia just yet. I thought I'd read that but do you think I could see it while typing the reply.

Kevin, this doesn't make any difference to my reply but

I have another question - do you have other DCC locos running on your layout that you have programmed? If so, could you try programming one of them to another address to see if that works, then you can program it back to your preferred address.

And

finally, does the blue diamond run OK with the chip fitted on the default address of 03?

Fishmanoz said:

Sounds like a bad connection to the decoder. Assuming you have it wired correctly, I'd be checking cleanliness and firmness of all connections from controller to the loco including wiring, track, wheels and pickups. Also,

you can try a light downward pressure on the loco to help.

Are you using Select or Elite or other?

Archived