Trackmaster crashing

I purchased Trackmaster last year.

I proceed to plan my layout and all went very well.

And then a few months ago, when I opened it and started to do any work, it crashed.

I tried many times and it has always resulted in crashing.

Simple

questions.

Why?

What’s wrong?

How do I get it to work properly?

If it is always crashing then there is something fundamentally wrong with the installation or one or more files have become corruptd since you last used it several months ago.

I would start by downloading and installing a fresh copy. I believe the

latest version can be downloaded from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup107.exe. If you download that to a temporary folder on your PC, then right click on it and choose "Run as admin" it'll install over your existing one. It won't delete any track plans

you've already created.

Hope that helps!

LMSTim said:

malang66, presumably you didn't contact the TrackMaster support team directly. They would have sorted it, but as you've binned it, there's no point now.

I did but got no response, plus found it a very unuser

friendly program, so treated my self to full version of anyrail much better......

I find it very difficult to believe that they didn't respond to you. In my experience they reply almost immediately, even at weekends and on Christmas Day itself! Are you quite sure you emailed the correct address - support@rail-master.com. If you emailed,

for example, railmaster.com it will go nowehere as the latter is not part of Hornby, but does exist and you will get no reply. I have made that mistake.

TrackMaster is a simple track designer that uses only Hornby track, so really for average plans

and does the job nicely for that. There are better packages out there but I have found they are more difficult to get to grips with. You pay your money and take your choice I suppose.

Archived