Railmaster vs Elite accessory control

I am in the process of transforming my signal and point control to DCC. So far I have two points controlled by a Hornby R8216 accessory decoder and a semaphore signal controlled by a Dapol (train-tech) SC3 decoder. The points are addressed to 1 and 2 and

the signal to 5. They were programmed through the Elite controller and function perfectly when using that. However, Railmaster does not seem to regonise the addresses. When I change the signal in Railmaster (address 5) one of the points changes. None of the

other two respond. DOes anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be resolved? As I said, the Elite behaves perfectly, it seems that Railmaster is getting confused.

From my experience the R8216 shifts the numbering by 1. You need to tell RailMaster, in the track designer, that you are using the R8216 rather than the default R8247. It's on a pull-down list when you right-click a point control button to get to its properties.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have just discovered that when installing the latest Elite upgrade the firmware installer left the controller in 'Classic' mode. It needs to be in 'Standard' mode for the accessory commanding to work from Railmaster. All

is now well, both the points through the R8216 decoder and the signals through the Dapol SC3 now operate from the Railmaster interface.

Archived