COMM PORT ISSUE

In the v1.50 RM directory, you will find extensive instructions on how to instal the driver and find which com port it is using via Device Manager. RM doesn't find it for you, although it now has error messages if it can't find it. You must use Device

Manager to find it and the instructions for doing it are in the directory.

Windows 7 has no problem finding the Elite it comes up straight away in device manager its the programme thats the problem. It works fine on other windows systems ie Vista XP but I dare not de-register and reinstall on onother machine because I had to

get hornby involved last time I tried that.

If you dare note de-register from your Windows 7 PC AND it's not finding your com port then that would suggest that RailMaster is not sitting comfortably on your PC. Did you install with full admin rights? If you right click on the RailMaster icon and

go into properties then click on the compatibility tab is there a tick in run as admin? If not, better do that and try again.

With de-registering you also should ensure that the program is defenitely added to your exclusions list on your anti-virus

software and firewall, and also remember to have only ONE firewall in use.

Silly question perhaps, but are you switching your Elite on before firing up RM? I've found that is essential because, of course, RM cannot recognize the Elite if it hasn't been switched on first. Please accept my sincere apologies if I'm perhaps

teaching my grandmother to suck eggs!

Archived