Point Activation Using Railmaster

Hi, hope someone can help.

I had previously programmed my R8247 Acc decoder using my Elite Ver 1.41, and all seems to work ok.

Now, I am trying to design my layout on Railmaster Ver 1.51. I connected my Elite + decoder+ point motors to Railmaster

and the "sample" track plan on start up shows my Acc decoder port addresses (in little boxes beside the green / red lights)and it switches the points fine, so all seems promising.

However, in creating my track plan I have added points, clicked & inserted

the green/red switching lights, right clicked on these lights to try to program them (drop down shows port 1 (not 0001),left/right etc) but I just can't get them to work when I select this plan as the default. The little box that appears beside the

lights show 0000, whereas the "sample plan" that worked showed 0001 or 0002 etc.

I'm sure it is a simple mistake, but I just can't see how to solve this in the 1.51 instructions.

My wife is away this weekend, so I would like to make some quiet progress...

Many

thanks...

If the box next to the lights is showing 0000, then it indicates you've yet to set the port number, starting position and group (if you have groups). You need to go back into design mode for your layout and right click on each point to set them. You must

set them to the decoder port number you set them to with your Elite (or when you program the decoder in RM) for them to work correctly.

Many thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated.

I thought I had set the port numbers, but they did not appear, only 0000.

I tried again tonight and for some reason it is working now ! so well pleased.

Only other immediate issues to sort are

designing my plan to be as large as possible (quite a lot to fit in it), I did not realise that the loco control panel would take up so much space, but I would like to have it on screen (would be good to be able to toggle this on/off the screen). I will use

Railmaster with a 22" touch screen so will need to try different zoom levels.

Also, Railmaster often stops working on my Vista PC, the message says basically "a problem caused the program to stop working". It did it again tonight even after I shut down

my anti-virus and Windows Vista firewall...any ideas ?

Thanks again.

P.

Archived