Moving from Select to Railmaster

I'm intending to get the Railmaster and e-link system. Currently use 3 Select Controllers which although basic have been workable over the years.

I presume I'm right in saying the Select units will be of no use with Railmaster (unlike Elite which

I see does fit)?

Will I have to give all the loco's, points etc new addresses, or will I be able to run with the existing set-up?

What do I need to be aware of if planning to use several devices to control the layout? Would I need to buy more

software for each additional device (tablet, laptop, phone etc) or are there a certain number that can be connected without additional cost? Do additional devices use a bluetooth connection to the e-link, or is is wifi?

Will it work with Windows Phone

anyone know?

Hi Hespy, currently you are right that you can't use the Selects. However, there is some information to suggest that an interface cable may be available in future. But believe it when you see it I would suggest.

You won't have to change your loco

addressing. Addresses are stored in the loco decoders and will be read by Railmaster when you start with it.

To use multiple devices, you will need a Railmaster licence for each of them. If you are talking about desktops and laptops, you will need

a full licence for each at full price. If you are talking about handhelds it is 10 pounds for the first and 5 pounds for each subsequent handheld licence.

Can I suggest that you start by downloading the evaluation version of Railmaster from this site.

Do instal it using the procedures that come with it, including right clicking and running as administrator. After first installation it should automatically ask about upgrading to the latest v1.51, which you should allow it to do. Then when you buy your copy

with eLink, all you will need to do is to enter your licence number to access full capability. You will not need to reinstall.

Having installed the evaluation version, you will also have the manuals downloaded and be able to read up on the system.

And you can look at the latest news from within the program where all of the installation instructions exist for handhelds, including the various operating systems supported.

Many thanks, I'll follow that advice

Fishmanoz said:

Hi Hespy, currently you are right that you can't use the Selects. However, there is some information to suggest that an interface cable may be available in future. But believe it

when you see it I would suggest.

You won't have to change your loco addressing. Addresses are stored in the loco decoders and will be read by Railmaster when you start with it.

To use multiple devices, you will need a Railmaster licence for

each of them. If you are talking about desktops and laptops, you will need a full licence for each at full price. If you are talking about handhelds it is 10 pounds for the first and 5 pounds for each subsequent handheld licence.

Can I suggest that

you start by downloading the evaluation version of Railmaster from this site. Do instal it using the procedures that come with it, including right clicking and running as administrator. After first installation it should automatically ask about upgrading to

the latest v1.51, which you should allow it to do. Then when you buy your copy with eLink, all you will need to do is to enter your licence number to access full capability. You will not need to reinstall.

Having installed the evaluation version, you

will also have the manuals downloaded and be able to read up on the system. And you can look at the latest news from within the program where all of the installation instructions exist for handhelds, including the various operating systems supported.

Archived