E-link - Railmaster Short Circuit

Southern1234

• 1 year later...
Sorry guys, I missed replying to your kind comments.

Prior to tyring out Railmasater I rean totally Digitrax. Controller was the Zephyr and all DS54 Digitrax point decoders with PECO motors. After adding a 4amp pack the ;flashing went away and I have,

through trial and error, managed to get Railmaster running. That is, running a couple of trains. I am slowly adding locos. I also have built my track plan. I am now trying to add point lights and then I shall try and program the d point ecoders. Big Job ,

but I think well worth it. Its rather nice to stand in front of a screen with your panel on it and run the layout. Unfortunately, as I said in my last post, NO POWER TO TRACK eminating from E-link. UGH!!

Did you ever get this to work? This is what I'm looking at setting up if other option doesn't work. 

Mysty, elink will be ample, for all you need. See my reply on your other post. You cannot mix and match controllers. What i do, when kids come, is to detach elink, and attach Select controller, whereby, they can run 2 locos, but the 2 cannot be run together. Its one or the other. john

Mysty, elink will be ample, for all you need. See my reply on your other post. You cannot mix and match controllers. What i do, when kids come, is to detach elink, and attach Select controller, whereby, they can run 2 locos, but the 2 cannot be run together. Its one or the other. john

Hi John,

thanks... Is it hard to attach as this will be in a coffee table, but will have a drawer to access the controls. 

Hi John from me also

Brilliant forum full of interesting stuff! I'm not new to DCC but am to Hornby RailMaster. I was hoping to use my existing controller (ZTC511) to drive the trains and my new RM/eLink to change the points (Peco with ZTC302 and DCC Concepts digital point motors) but you say cannot mix/match controllers. What if they used the same ZTC 5amp power supply?

Tony, welcome to the forums.

rather than can't mix and match, it would be better to say you can have only one DCC controller on any one DCC circuit.  Therefore, you can do what you were thinking as long as you run separate circuits for your track and your accessories with no connection between them.

And Tony, far better to stsrt a new thread rather than put your question on the bottom of this unrelated one.

rather than can't mix and match, it would be better to say you can have only one DCC controller on any one DCC circuit.  Therefore, you can do what you were thinking as long as you run separate circuits for your track and your accessories with no connection between them.

And Tony, far better to stsrt a new thread rather than put your question on the bottom of this unrelated one.

Just to add if you look in RM setup you will see Controller A and B tabs - as Fishy says use one for locos and one for points, they just have to be on separate bus connections - i.e. points are not run from the track but direct from Controller B

Just to add if you look in RM setup you will see Controller A and B tabs - as Fishy says use one for locos and one for points, they just have to be on separate bus connections - i.e. points are not run from the track but direct from Controller B

Thank you very much for your assistance. We do already have separate bus connections for track and points and I will take your suggestions in hand.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have the latest version of Railmaster.  Its linked to my 4 amp supply (I got with the Hornby Elite unit) and the elink.

However, when a train causes a short circuit, ie goes over the points when they are set the wrong way etc I have difficulty in getting things up and running quickly.

For example, with my Hornby elite unit when there is a short circuit and 'ERROR' appears on the controllers sceen.   I then simply recifity what was causing the short and press 'ESCAPE' button on the elite and everyting is good to go again.  Its a quick press of a button.

BUT....with Railmaster I have no such ESCAPE/reset button, so I have to click on the tiny red rectangle (down the bottom right of the screen and reset the controller/elink.   This sometimes works first time, but often does not.   Am I missing something?, is there a quicker way to do this??

HELP?! ;-)

Archived