One Port with 2 Points - Help

Hi all,

I have 2 points (using SEEP PM1 motors )wired to a Hornby R8247 acc decoder port, these points act as a crossover and DO fire correctly together when I press the signal buttons in Railmaster.

However, on start up, the auto point setting

procedure fires one of the pair (and thus changes the first point)but it only gives a nudge (in the correct direction) to the other point. Yes, I know this sounds like the other point is not getting enough power, but both points always change together at all

other times!! i.e the problem only appears on start up/point setting ...

N.B I previously changed the ini. file to allow 3 seconds between point setting.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks.

Pete, I think it really is a power thing. Try one of these 2:

Change the order so the crossover is the first one fired on startup. That way it will get full power from the CDU and should fire

Increase the delay between point settings to 4

seconds. Doing the first will probably be a pain and you may not want the second. But try the second and if it works, then put back to 3 or less and change the order.

Fishmanoz said:

Pete, I think it really is a power thing. Try one of these 2:

Change the order so the crossover is the first one fired on startup. That way it will get full power from the CDU and should fire

Increase the delay

between point settings to 4 seconds. Doing the first will probably be a pain and you may not want the second. But try the second and if it works, then put back to 3 or less and change the order.

Sorted...but very strange. I took the 3 motor feed

wires from the good motor and fed them into the other motor, then linked that motor to the non firing motor (on start up only) and it now seems to work ! can't quite figure out why, but i'm pleased they both fire together on start up.
Thanks for your tip..
P.

You have me confused? There seem to be 3 motors now, and I don't mean the 3 wires, which I understand.

Are you saying start up non firing motor 1 is now connected directly to the decoder, and motor 2 is connected to motor 1? If so, you've given

a slight advantage to motor 1 in voltage as it has only one length of wire to it, and motor 2 has 2 lengths. If so, the wire is probably too thin and using heavier duty would help.

Fishmanoz said:

start up non firing motor 1 is now connected directly to the decoder, and motor 2 is connected to motor 1?

Hi, yes that is exactly what I have done, the mal-functioning motor is now wired directly into the

decoder and the secod motor is connected to the first motor, both now fire on start up. I am using 24/0.2 strand wire !
Anyway, clearly something was not correct with my wiring, but as I have it working now, I wont spend any more time on it,,,

Archived