Elite Firmware update:advice please

Class_of.66

I have an elite now, minus any firmware. Having followed the instructions but keep getting the failure message.(upgrade 1.3 to 1.41, now its useless). Flashed bios on mobos many times but no problems like this.I have access to win 7 64 bit machines only,if

I cant sort this I may have to send it back. However the good news is that e-link/railmaster installed ok and that seems to work. I have looked at other threads regarding the Elite. Can anyone offer any advice before I have to send it back? Thanks

PS tried

it on an xp machine, still no change.

@Class_of.66

Sorry but I cannot offer any advice other than to say that it is absolutely essential to follow the instructions down the letter. Many people on here (including myself on XP) have carried out that upgrade so we know the instructions do

work.

Incidentally, I am curious as to why you have got elink when you have already got the Elite, which gives far more flexibility.

On your upgrade, I suggest you try again and if that fails, contact Hornby Support.

I had the elite first then it failed,so I decided to set up the elink as I had elink since july but hadn't got round to using it yet,due to a long holiday/work etc. The upgrade of the elite failed after many attempts on win 7 and xp, despite following

the instructions. So I decided to install the elink ,so at least I would still have a controller, whilst I sorted out the elite firmware issue. Nightmare no 2.Keep getting handshake errors, tried it on a laptop and a pc. I install it but after using it once

I encounter handshake issues so I have to keep changing the ports to get it to work but it only works the once.I have contacted cust support.

I have to say I am astounded with these failings and am most disappointed. I have built computer systems and

flashed mobos but never had problems like this,2 products playing up at the same time. I have an intel i7 cpu and gigabyte mobo, so its all new stuff.

I just want them to work as they should. So it looks like I will have to send both products back to

sort them, ie get Hornby to update the elite and sort out the elink. When the elink worked it was fine, all of this seems to be about comm issues though, any ideas?

cheers.

See my post to your thread on this in the RM forum.

For the Elite, contact Hornby Customer Care to return to them to do the firmware update for free. Many have reported a good service for this.

For the eLink, contact RM Support through

the arm Help email feature. If faulty as you suggest, they will arrange replacement for you.

I am one very happy person. I rebuilt an old computer with DDR2 800 ram and intel quad core cpu 9450,out of bits I had,and installed xp. I installed .net version 4 and tried the update; its worked 1st time,now version 1.41.God knows why it didn't work

on a mates xp machine but its ok now.Just waiting for Hattons to send me the replacement elink which I will install on this machine. I will avoid win 7.Thanks to all those who advised me, Hornby hasn't got back to me, but I will cancel my enquiry. Its bizarre

how it only worked on xp and on an old machine.Cheers and happy times ahead.

• 1 year later...

Where are the instructions to update.elite V1.00 to the latest version please 

Sparkman,

I just provided that info on your other post I have just been in dialogue with you on. Not more than 10 minutes ago. Duplicate - The instructions are here

Sparkman,

Further update. On the Firmware download page I provided a link to, Ignore the very top link saying it is the instructions for updating firmware. This link retrieves the wrong document. Fortunately the correct document is contained in the Firmware ZIP file further down the page.

Archived