Hornby LDM56

hugg

• 2 years later...

Hi Ollie here - as Fishmanoz may know I am knew to the system and am trying to build up my knowledge

Having linked up my E-link for the first time yesterday (successfully!!!!) and this morning bought PRO (unsuccessfully!!! - the screen tells you your card is wrong but the order gets thru and eventually upgraded to PRO) I was reading the maually as you do and saw this amazing info about loco detection and saw in the PRO software mention of the LDM56 which leads me to this thread.

I notice you mention in the other link "Locomotive tags" - I am just about to buy a a large number of decoders - most of them will be Hornby but some will be not!!! I suppose it does not make a difference given they are to industry standard but I want to ensure that these Loco tags are not dependant on some special type of decoder

Can you clarify the situation?

Ollie

Ollie,

Exactly how LD works has been subject to many forum pages of thoughts & discussion. Some based on fact, many based on conjecture. These pages for example. Current thinking is that LD does not rely on having any particular brand of loco DCC decoder fitted.

Archived