WINDOWS 8 TROUBLESHOOTER

Hi my Name is Matthew and I can not install the device driver on my pc

I do not have P2P ports on my PC and my keyboard is useless when its in advaced settings and does not respond to any keys I press and reboots.

I follow the pdf instractions

but due to above problem this can not be done

I also like to add that if this can not be shovle with a popper windows 8 driver due to vista inf file does not content the driver signature it requiries to install it, in to windows 8/pro. As the PDF file shows how to install it Windows 8 Driver Installation

has become a problem for me. I do the following steps:

1. Plug in the Elite or eLink using a high quality, shielded USB cable

2. the pc picks up the device

3. Digital signature error when trying to install the driver

4. gone

to settings, general, Advanced start-up through troubleshoot

5. the keyboard is the usb device so it not respond to f7

6. rang Hornby and other pc stores and try to get help and no such luck

if this can be deubt with as soon as possible.

Matt, I'm not sure if you are telling us that your computer is not working because it won't install drivers and the keyboard is not working properly, or if you are saying you can't install Rm because you cannot install the driver.

If you have a

computer problem, you will have to get that fixed so that it is working correctly when you try to install RM.

So assuming the computer has been fixed, the manual should tell you that if you plug in eLink or Elite, Windows 8 will find and install the

right driver, you shouldn't have to do any more on that.

Now with the driver installed, run the Rm setup file and it should install. If you now close and re-open RM, it should automatically update to the latest version and, if eLink is attached, it

should also update this to the latest firmware version.

Let us know if you can get this FSR, but your computer will have to be working first. We cannot fix that for you here, you will have to find a computer expert.

If you get any version of

RM installed, the best way to get Hornby assistance is to email RM Support from within the Help window of RM. Don't contact Hornby Customer Care, they don't deal with RM.

Let us know how you are going.

Don't understand why Matt has to go to an advanced setting and why his keyboard fails to function? Not that I am an expert given my little problems on updating the firmware software but you are right Fishmanoz, as Hornby reminded me, Windows 8 will install

a suitable driver for the eLink and it worked fine for me eventually and I use Windows 8. If the PC works fine in an ordinary setting then just install the software, connect up eLink and follow the instructions. My issue was with the software supposedly unable

to pick up the firmware 1.4 update, the drivers were actually fine but I did download the Elite Drivers from Hornby to my desktop just in case RM needed another driver. My further confusion was why everything refers to Elite when it actually should read Elite/eLink.

So not sure but this post may help?

On the subject of advanced settings Matt can't be as advance as you and I - soon to pass into the septuagenarian stage of life ( less than another hour or so actually for me).

Oh! I now see what Matt's problem is having re read the Driver Installation Guide and his having to restart his PC in Troubleshooting mode because his system shows the digital signature error message. I obviously had a pretty easy time of setting up eLink.

Matt should surely be able to get technical help on his PC setup from the manufacturer's site and am surprised the Hornby IT Boffins couldn't give him some throw away advice? My last resort if you don't know a PC GALMI is to Google the problem. It never ceases

to amaze me that someone somewhere has the answer on the internet. Sorry can't be of more help but the answer is out there just persevere?

Try http://www.justanswer.co.uk/ Might have to part with a fee but just detail the problem and ask them how to disable driver signature enforcement without a functioning keyboard to use the f7 key when required to continue in process. A silly question

but isn't there a facility on Windows to have an onscreen keyboard to operate using a mouse or mousepad or would they be disabled in troubleshooting mode?

a) Right Click on the taskbar and click on Toolbars.

b) Navigate and click on Touch keyboard.

c) Click on the keyboard icon that appears on the lower left corner at the taskbar.

Hey presto Touch Keyboard available

Archived