HORNBY TRACK MASTER - OCX FILE ERROR

I notice a message in the Forum of OXC file problem with Rail Master I have just experienced the same problem installing Track Master!

I telephoned Hornby customer services and find they close at 1pm on a Friday!

Error message: Component

'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid?

The program was installed on Window 7 - 64 bit with full administrators rights.

Can anyone help please? It is going to be a long weekend!

You should go to the Railmaster forum to the ocx thread and follow the instructions there, except you should uninstall and reinstall Trackmaster and follow their instructions in the middle.

And there is no point ringing Hornby Customer Care about

this as they won't know anything. If you still have problems after doing as instructed in the ocx thread, then ring the number they give there.

The message: "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" can occur where software is installed onto a PC where a library used by the new software, in this case TrackMaster, is already being

used by another piece of software on the PC. The existing software should allow new software to update a shared library file (e.g. DLL or OCX file) however in some cases the existing software prevents this.

The first thing to ensure is that you have

downloaded the latest TrackMaster setup file from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup108.exe. Download that file to your PC and right-click on it and "Run as administrator" (you can just double-click the file if using Windows XP). The latest update 'forces'

certain needed library files to be updated and this should resolve the issue.

Install the software and if you get the same error message then an existing software package is still not allowing TrackMaster to update a shared library file. In this case

contact support@rail-master.com and we will talk you through manually registering the affected library file, although this should not be necessary.

HornbyRailMasterSupport said:

The message: "Component 'mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" can occur where software is installed onto a PC where a library used by the new software,

in this case TrackMaster, is already being used by another piece of software on the PC. The existing software should allow new software to update a shared library file (e.g. DLL or OCX file) however in some cases the existing software prevents this.

The

first thing to ensure is that you have downloaded the latest TrackMaster setup file from www.powerpos.com/track-master/tm_setup108.exe. Download that file to your PC and right-click on it and "Run as administrator" (you can just double-click the file if using

Windows XP). The latest update 'forces' certain needed library files to be updated and this should resolve the issue.

Install the software and if you get the same error message then an existing software package is still not allowing TrackMaster to update

a shared library file. In this case contact support@rail-master.com and we will talk you through manually registering the affected library file, although this should not be necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

I have today been to the Great Electric Train show at Gaydon in Warwickshire. It was nice day (the show I mean the weather was atrocious). Can't wait for the Warley show at the NEC in November.

Since my return home I

feel the software will be better installed on my laptop rather than the PC as it would be more flexible and I can have it in front of the layout to be.

The laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and like the PC only about 12 months old. Hopefully

the software will install on the laptop no problem or so I hoped.

Problems again but of a different kind.

I disabled the anti virus, spyware and firewall and installed the software as an administrator, which is my status and I am the only user

on this machine.

ERROR after installing states... WARNING This software has not been installed with full administrators rights. See C:Program Files(x86)TrackmasterReadme.txt for details of what to do.

HELP PLEASE! I have done everything correctly

and it still won't work. I then uninstalled the software, checked the folder and deleted the TrackMaster folder before reinstalling as administrator but same problem occurs.

I am finding this so frustrating, I plan to spend £1000 min on Hornby starting

with the Majestic set in November. I am creating the board 7' by 4' this week and starting to get track, etc as soon as board is ready to create a multi level layout.

Can anyone help me get the software to work please.

On the CD purchased is

the evaluation software RailMaster this loaded straight away. I will use the evaluation RailMaster until the new Digital Majestic set is available next month.

Thank you in anticipation

Paul

PJ, it is easy to check that you really have administrator rights on for the program - just right click on the shortcut on your desktop, select the security tab and make sure the Administrator Rights box has been checked.

And no use saying you

are the only user, MS deliberately separated you the user and you the administrator from Vista on as a security feature. And I agree this is very annoying for anyone who has an understanding of what they are doing but may well save the less enlightened at

times.

Archived