Doesn't work

Hi,

Having waited for 3 weeks to get my 3 loco's back from digitrains I was hoping I could start running them on my new layout (I'm new to dcc and coming back to modelling after a 30 year break).

The railmaster an elink all set up and apparently

working, all instructions followed, placed the first train on the track and......

Nothing.

Same on the other 2 loco's, I've set the loco's up and have a dedicated programming track with the wires soldered onto the track. Place a loco on the prof track

and try to read the decoder and I get a message that says error, again same on all 3.

I've checked all the system settings and they are correct, I've deleted all the loco's and tried again. The main track is getting approx 21 volts ac.

Has anyone got

any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

If you are getting an error reading CVs on 3 locos, it sounds like there is no connection between RM and the track. So let's start with the simple things. I take it when you start RM that it finds the eLink? And when you go into device manager and check

the assigned com port, it is the same as the port set for the controller in RM?

Get back to us with those answers and if all ok, we can see where to go next.

Good start, sounds like your set up is ok. With this correct and getting nothing from the programming track, you may have a faulty eLink. So I suggest you email RM Support from within the Help window of RM and describe your problem to them, including telling

them the answers to the questions to show you are correctly set up, and see what they say. If they agree it is faulty, they will replace it for you.

Fishmanoz said:

Good start, sounds like your set up is ok. With this correct and getting nothing from the programming track, you may have a faulty eLink. So I suggest you email RM Support from within the Help window of RM and describe your

problem to them, including telling them the answers to the questions to show you are correctly set up, and see what they say. If they agree it is faulty, they will replace it for you.

We all make silly mistakes like that sometimes bbb. Better a temporary red face and the locos working than the alternative.

Interesting outcome though for those who say that in practice eLink is just Elite without knobs. Clearly there are more

differences than that in the firmware in each, and/or the drivers for each are incompatible with the other.

Archived