No power on eLink programming output

I just purchased an eLink/Railmaster pack and have got locos running okay on the track output. I then went to try and change some cvs but got no response at all. When I check with a meter, I find that the "Track" output has 15.7v AC but the "Prog" output

has nothing. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Regards

Peter

Rog (RJ) said:

If it's like many other programming track outputs, it will be dead unless you are programming or reading a decoder.

Thanks. I have four other DCC controllers of different brands and all of them have power and

hence will do everything on the programming track.

Anyway, no matter. When I try and set a CV on the programming track it reports that it is writing the CV but then fails to confirm and nothing gets changed. So I guess that my problem is that it is

not reading the decoder. I have tried three different third party sound decoders and eLink will not read the CVs of any of them. Is this common? Is there, like most other controllers, a way of setting CVs "on the main" without reading?

Regards
Peter

Check the manual for what is possible on the main. But it sounds like you may have a faulty eLink. I suggest you email RM Support from within the Help window of RM and describe your problem to them. If they agree the eLink is faulty, they will replace

for you.

Archived