Changing PC's

Deltic_Malc said:

Hi I am changing my PC and will de activate RM on my existing PC and Re install it on my new PC.
Is there a way to swop over the loco configuration, track plans, train programs and schedules to the new PC without having

to put them all in again. Thanks

Hi I'm not sure about loco settings.. You may have to re-configure these from scratch on the new PC. But it should be a relatively easy matter to transfer your existing track plans. You'll find these files by name ( eg ....prg ) on your hard drive. Programme

Files > Railmaster. Just copy them to your desktop ( that way, they'll also remain intact on the existing PC ) Then just transfer them to your new PC ( Railmaster Folder ) via a memory card or USB Stick. The programmes should then show and run on the new PC.

It worked for me. Hope that helps.

Deltic_Malc said:

Hi I am changing my PC and will de activate RM on my existing PC and Re install it on my new PC.
Is there a way to swop over the loco configuration, track plans, train programs and schedules to the new PC without having

to put them all in again. Thanks

Go to C:/Program Files or Program Files(x86) depending which version of windows you are using.
Copy RailMaster folder and or TrackMaster folder depending if you use one or both software, see below...

It

is worth copying this/these folder(s) to another drive for security purposes. If you are planning to change computers you are in control but if the drive fails you will have lost this data!

You should do this regularly or use a synch program

to automatically synch a copy of the folders to another drive location.

As far as I am aware all data is in these folders.

Robelli said:

Deltic_Malc said:

Is there a way to swop over the loco configuration, track plans, train programs and schedules to the

new PC without having to put them all in again. Thanks

Go to C:/Program Files or Program Files(x86) depending which version of windows you are using.
Copy RailMaster folder and or TrackMaster folder depending if you use one or both software,

see below...

It is worth copying this/these folder(s) to another drive for security purposes. If you are planning to change computers you are in control but if the drive fails you will have lost this data!

You should do this regularly

or use a synch program to automatically synch a copy of the folders to another drive location.

As far as I am aware all data is in these folders.

Archived