Changing a CV

michael.hamilton

I use 2 Select controllers (1 walkabout) on my DCC layout and I'm very happy except for one little thing. I want to change CV63 on my R2900XS to lower the (very loud) volume. I thought about buying a used Elite but I can't find a cheap one. I don't really

want to go down the Elink path because I have a Mac computer and it would be a big fiddle. Since I bought all my Hornby gear from the a Hornby website I haven't got a friendly model shop to pop into and ask a favour of. Is there something I haven't thought

of. I'm not sure if there are any clubs in my area, which is Mount Annan, an outer western suburb of Sydney.

michael.hamilton said:

I use 2 Select controllers (1 walkabout) on my DCC layout and I'm very happy except for one little thing. I want to change CV63 on my R2900XS to lower the (very loud) volume. I thought about buying a used Elite but

I can't find a cheap one. I don't really want to go down the Elink path because I have a Mac computer and it would be a big fiddle. Since I bought all my Hornby gear from the a Hornby website I haven't got a friendly model shop to pop into and ask a favour

of. Is there something I haven't thought of. I'm not sure if there are any clubs in my area, which is Mount Annan, an outer western suburb of Sydney.

Michael, I'm inner Western Sydney and I don't have any local options for you. Particularly

running sound locos, you really do need an Elite.

There are certainly much cheaper new options then from Hornby. I do most of my buying from the Liverpool UK supplier. You save on initial price, VAT isn't charged and postage is at cost. That usually

comes to around 30%. And all you have to buy at this end is a conversion plug from UK to Australian standard, available at Dick Smith for a start. Google the Elite and a few UK supplier options will come up.

By the way, do you know if you send your

receipts to Hornby, they will refund the VAT on your purchases as you are outside the EU and it is not charged to them.

michael.hamilton said:

I use 2 Select controllers (1 walkabout) on my DCC layout and I'm very happy except for one little thing. I want to change CV63 on my R2900XS to lower the (very loud) volume. I thought about buying a used Elite but

I can't find a cheap one. I don't really want to go down the Elink path because I have a Mac computer and it would be a big fiddle. Since I bought all my Hornby gear from the a Hornby website I haven't got a friendly model shop to pop into and ask a favour

of. Is there something I haven't thought of. I'm not sure if there are any clubs in my area, which is Mount Annan, an outer western suburb of Sydney.

Michael, I'm inner Western Sydney and I don't have any local options for you. Particularly

running sound locos, you really do need an Elite.

There are certainly much cheaper new options then from Hornby. I do most of my buying from the Liverpool UK supplier. You save on initial price, VAT isn't charged and postage is at cost. That usually

comes to around 30%. And all you have to buy at this end is a conversion plug from UK to Australian standard, available at MR Smith (got held by the moderators when I used his first name) for a start. Google the Elite and a few UK supplier options will come

up.

By the way, do you know if you send your receipts to Hornby, they will refund the VAT on your purchases as you are outside the EU and it is not charged to them.

Archived