Traintronics And Hornby DCC

modelman

Hello;

I'm looking at buying a series of traintronics signals for my layout. What I'm intending to have is one T111 signal red/green signal with a right feather to start with. I have read all the information regarding installation but I have no

idea as to how I go about connecting one up to a DCC bus powered by a Hornby DCC Elite Controller. Does anybody know how I got about installing them for use with Hornby DCC?

modelman said:

Hello;

I'm looking at buying a series of traintronics signals for my layout. What I'm intending to have is one T111 signal red/green signal with a right feather to start with. I have read all the information regarding

installation but I have no idea as to how I go about connecting one up to a DCC bus powered by a Hornby DCC Elite Controller. Does anybody know how I got about installing them for use with Hornby DCC?

It may be better if you bought the DCC version,

TT131, instead - just a guess on my part.

Rog (RJ) said:

modelman said:

Hello;

I'm looking at buying a series of traintronics signals for my layout. What I'm intending to have is one T111 signal red/green signal with a right feather to start with. I have read all the

information regarding installation but I have no idea as to how I go about connecting one up to a DCC bus powered by a Hornby DCC Elite Controller. Does anybody know how I got about installing them for use with Hornby DCC?
It may be better if you bought

the DCC version, TT131, instead - just a guess on my part.

Yeah maybe I will. I just didn't know it would be that simple with programming.

It can be done but because the lights are LEDs and the polarity is the opposite to that produced by the Hornby accessory controller (and most others) you have to use a latched relay to operate the colour signal. I wrote up why and how to do it here:

https://www.hornby.com/forums/hornby-forums/hornby-digital/676/?page=2#post6857

It might be easier to get a TT decoder or buy DCC fitted signals as Roj says.

Archived