Going from Select to E-link RM

I would appreciate advice on the following, please:

I have migrated from using my Select to using RM with the E-link interface. No problems installing and setting up locos.

Do I presume that I have to re-program all my points decoders, which

were set up starting 61 etc. as per the Select instructions?

Secondly I have the Hornby turntable, which I have converted to DCC with a loco decoder. When I construct my layout in RM and click-in in the turntable, how do I tell RM how to identify the

turntable? In Select language, it was identified as loco no 11.

I've read the very helpful manual, but it seems to presume that you have an Elite and are familiar with its ways, not a Select.

Many thanks in anticipation.

You do not have to reprogram your accessory decoders. Simply use the existing point address numbers when designing your track plan. Full details are in the RailMaser PDF guide in the track design setion.

RailMaster supports turntables using loco

decoders and this is easy enough to set up, again in the track design screen. Again, details of how to set up and operate a turntable are in the guide. To fine-tune your turntable speed and stopping points you may need to alter settings in the RailMaster.ini

file. Details are in the PDF guide.

The guide does not refer to the Select as this controller cannot be controlled through RailMaster. References to Elite procedures in the guide are deliberately minimal as RailMaster is designed for computer operation

and therefore the Elite would be redundant as a human-interface controller.

HornbyRailMasterSupport said:

You do not have to reprogram your accessory decoders. Simply use the existing point address numbers when designing your track plan. Full details are in the RailMaser PDF guide in the track design setion.

RailMaster

supports turntables using loco decoders and this is easy enough to set up, again in the track design screen. Again, details of how to set up and operate a turntable are in the guide. To fine-tune your turntable speed and stopping points you may need to alter

settings in the RailMaster.ini file. Details are in the PDF guide.

The guide does not refer to the Select as this controller cannot be controlled through RailMaster. References to Elite procedures in the guide are deliberately minimal as RailMaster

is designed for computer operation and therefore the Elite would be redundant as a human-interface controller.

Well done Hornby, you have done a wonderful job over the Christmas holiday period.

Archived