Setup Error

Hi,
I have recently downloaded the trial version of railmaster in order to see what it was like. Near the end of the installation the message:

C:Windows/System32/msvbvm60.dll

An error occurred whilst trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile

Failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

I work on 64bit Vista and I have tried to run as an administrator and the message still appears.
Any help would be appreciated
Owen

RailMaster use OCX files and I believe this message is associated with this. RailMaster also installs OCX files, but they may already reside on some systems. If RaiMaster asks the user if they want to overwrite these files they should answer yes because

the ones we supply will always be up-to-date.

The MSCOMM32.OCX is the Windows comm port handler, which allows RailMaster to talk to the Elite.

The MSINET.OCX file is the Windows Internet control, which allows RailMaster to do activations, deactivations,

help requests and download program updates.

Both of these files are actually Microsoft files which we include on the CD-Rom to ensure users have the latest versions. They are also both critical to the operation of RailMaster.

If you get any problems

at all with "missing OCXs relating to MSINT or MSCOMM or indeed any other OCX files the solution is this:-

1. Uninstall RailMaster
2. Use Start=Run and type in the command "regsvr32 /u /s MSINET.OCX" (or whatever the name of the OCX is so for you

iot would be msvbvm60.dll) and press Enter.
3. Reinstall RailMaster and the problem will be solved

Remember to right-click on the setup program on the CD and "Run as administrator" especially on Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems.

This problem

related to old installations of Microsoft Visual Basic which are on some systems.

The specific solution for this one is:-

1. Uninstall RailMaster you can backup .pln, .prg and resource.mdb first if you wish - plans, programs and locos, if you have created any

2. Click on Start then Run and type in "regsvr32 /u /s MSVBM60.DLL"

and press Enter.

3. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the C:\Windows\System32 folder and change the name of the file "msvbm60.dll" to "msvbm60.old".

4. Install RailMaster again and you should not get any problems.

msvbvm60.dll

or msvbm60.dll do not exist in my windows system 32 folder. Should they be or do you know any good software which will create them?

In that case, it must be a secutory issue with writing that particular file.

When you installed did you definitely right-click on the setup.exe file and "Run as administrator"?

Did you do step 2 of the above list?

Even if you couldn't

find the file to delete, did you try reinstalling again?

Archived