elink update.

Derrick_W_Martin

Hi everybody,

Its been a long time since I posted anything on this forum.

Anyway I have now been using my elink system for quite a long time now, and I must say that after the first few days of being absolutely baffled by it, (and thinking that I

had made a terrible mistake in selling my elite)?. I persevered with it, read the instructions over and over again and soon everything became clear. I can now say this is the best investment I have ever made with my layout, even though in model in "N" gauge

I have found that that built in Hornby loco information will have something very similar that I can use, I just have to change the description to suit my "Graham Farish/Dapol" loco.

I have have now gone to the next stage with the gift of a wireless tablet

for Christmas, I shall be purchasing the hornby wireless app so I can use this device with my layout.

With my laptop and mouse I was able to control 6 trains running at once, (took some doing and coordination I can tell you). I have purchased the Hornby

4 amp transformer so the amount of trains I can run is only limited to my own daring.

Well I got the wireless app from rail master customer services. At first I couldn't get it to work as it wouldn't even recognise my tablet, after much deliberation I contacted RM service dept via the railmaster program, explained the situation, they said

the problem was with my PC and I should turn off the firewall and allow it to communicate with my tablet, this I did and hey pressto app up and running.

Not as good as I expected it to be, I thought that once I had the app my tablet would be able to do

every job my PC could do, how wrong I was!

But anyway all in all I think it will turn out a good buy, I'll eventually get over the fact that I can't do any programming with it, but never mind.

Can't wait for the speech control app to be available.

After much thought I moved from my really good Guagemaster system to Hornby's railmaster last year and have never regretted it. I have also linked my Ipad to the system - again very good!

It is clearly a system with huge potential

Best thing

I have done on the railway for years

Archived