Read cv30 sapphire decoder results

Eamesey

Flashbang said:

Has your loco stopped working/causes the Elite to go into overload shut down?

Hi thanks for replying using hornby's other decoder the loco starts running and then shows error message on the elite I have tried 2

other decoders before using the sapphire to read cv 30 I would like to know if I am interpreting the information correctly

The error message on the Elite means that the Elite unit has shut down because of a fault. This is usually a short circuit but the short circuit may not be registered in the decoder if it's a problem with the wheels and track for example.

Does the

problem happen anywhere on the track or in one particular place? Do other locos work OK?

Rog (RJ) said:

The error message on the Elite means that the Elite unit has shut down because of a fault. This is usually a short circuit but the short circuit may not be registered in the decoder if it's a problem with the wheels and track

for example.

Does the problem happen anywhere on the track or in one particular place? Do other locos work OK?

Other locos work fine it doesn't always happen in the same place it has really got me puzzled

Eamesey said:

Hi thanks for replying using hornby's other decoder the loco starts running and then shows error message on the elite I have tried 2 other decoders before using the sapphire to read cv 30 I would like to know if I am interpreting

the information correctly

No, I think you are misinterpreting the information. CV30 shows error information and in the 8245 it is motor and lights short circuit on bits 0-2. The default value is zero. As you have read the Cvs and found it to be

000, then nothing has shorted, it is all as it should be. If the motor had shorted, the value would be 001.

Fishmanoz said:

And the motor shorting should not cause the Elite to display an error anyway as the Elite is isolated from the motor by the decoder.

Thanks everyone for prompt responses to my enquiry will check wheels and track

etc

Archived