power trouble

i dont know if anyone can help me but i have the e-link and my desk top pc and i have the flying scotsman train set and i have my train set in my bedroom and my desk top in another room now i have my e- link in the room where my pc is and i have set it

all up and run 4meters of weir from my track to my e-link now when i run my train it runs very slow but when i just use my select controller to power my train it runs fine now i dont know whats happen to my train when i use my e-link to power my train i think

it is there is to much weir which is slowing down curent now if that is the case how do i fix it thanks for help

Hi Stewart, is it possible to move your PC and eLink into your bedroom just for a short test to see if the Scotsman runs faster with a shorter length of cable from eLink to your layout?

If you can do this and it runs faster, or if you can't, using

bigger fatter heavier gauge wire to do the long run from eLink to your layout should make things run better. While thin wire can be ok for a short run, it isn't for a long run.

The other thing to remember is that when you set up your Scotsman in Railmaster,

using the correct model that you actually have, Railmaster sets it to run at the correct maximum scale speed, which may be less than the top speed you get with your Select. So while it shouldn't just crawl around, it is almost certainly going to run slower

then it did with the Select.

Archived