Activation problem

Having a real problem getting RailMaster to activate on a laptop running XP, followed the security instructions just released, Railmaster is added to the firewall as an exception and no firewall in the anti virus, however I disabled it just to be on the

safe side and still it will not activate, have spoken to the help desk at Hornby and they couldn't sort it out so the asked me to email Railmaster support and they came back with a things that are not part of XP! they then said it is a security problem with

the pc even though it is added to the firewall as exception and there is no anti virus program running, I even connected direct to the broadband and bypassed the router, still no joy, the only thing that is coming to mind is the actual Broadband is satellite

as I'm quite rural here and wonder if this will affect the activation? however saying that I have never had a problem with internet activation for the many other programs I have installed on the computers.

Any ideas? would be appreciated

Ernie

We have found, in over 99% of cases, that problems activating RailMaster are invariably caused by Internet security software blocking the process. Even when some customers believe they have added RailMaster as an exception to their firewall they may have

overlooked adding it as a full exception (in some software) or forgetting to check the Windows firewall, which sometimes can still be running. This is why we produced a guide for the most popular (and troublesome) Internet security software. This guide can

be downloaded from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/security_en.pdf.

When you contacted us, you did not mention that you had a satellite Internet connection. Some of these can not only be extremely slow (causing time-outs), but can also block certain Internet

protocols. Had you mentioned this we would have suggested logging into your PC remotely and performing a manual activation. You can still do this at any time, of course.

HornbyRailMasterSupport said:

We have found, in over 99% of cases, that problems activating RailMaster are invariably caused by Internet security software blocking the process. Even when some customers believe they have added RailMaster as

an exception to their firewall they may have overlooked adding it as a full exception (in some software) or forgetting to check the Windows firewall, which sometimes can still be running. This is why we produced a guide for the most popular (and troublesome)

Internet security software. This guide can be downloaded from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/security_en.pdf.

When you contacted us, you did not mention that you had a satellite Internet connection. Some of these can not only be extremely slow (causing

time-outs), but can also block certain Internet protocols. Had you mentioned this we would have suggested logging into your PC remotely and performing a manual activation. You can still do this at any time, of course.

Hello, thank

you for your reply, I would grateful if you could remotely activate my software, I will request this option in an email this morning.

Thank you and regards

Ernie.

Landyern said:

Hello, thank you for your reply, I would grateful if you could remotely activate my software, I will request this option in an email this morning.

Thank you and regards

Ernie.

Thank you

for your assistance all sorted now, thanks to your remote activation.

Archived