sound problem

Hi

I am just trying out the Demo version of Railmaster.I have installed it no problem and designed by own layout ok.I have run two Hornby locos Ok ,one of them is an Hornby sound loco that works fine,including all sound functions..I wanted to test a

non- Hornby sound loco.

I have deleted one of the Hornby locos and added the name of the non Hornby one in the control panel I have set speeds for it and it runs ok..I have set 6 sounds including sound on/off.I cannot get any sound to work from the railmaster

control panel for this Loco.Sound works ok through Elite. Any advice welcome.Many thanks.

Hi,

As no one else has replied, the only thing I can think of is to reset the Elite, only, of course, if you haven't stored any loco details in the Elite, otherwise these would be lost. Other than that, I can't think of anything else other than contact

HRMS. Is it a Loksound decoder in the loco?

Ray

I would think, if it works on the Elite, it should work using RM. Have you programmed it properly and fully on RM? Sometimes it's worth switching off the Elite and RM, restarting and see what happens. I think you may have problems because you tried to

replace one loco with another. No need to do that. Why didn't you just program the non-Hornby loco as an additional one with a different ID?

Given it is running OK, I suspect you may not have allocated the correct sounds to the functions in the function list in the loco setup window. Then having done the allocations, don't forget to write those to the decoder. This is the final step Graskie

is alluding to being necessary in his post I think.

Graskie said:

I think you may have problems because you tried to replace one loco with another. No need to do that. Why didn't you just program the non-Hornby loco as an additional one with a different ID?

I thought you could only

configure two locos with the Demo version of RM...
Ray

Sorry, I didn't realise that was so. I can only wonder if all traces of the loco replaced have been deleted from RM. And I often switch everything off after any change. Have you done that after deletion and before and after adding the new loco details?

sorry for delay in replying

yes it is a Loksound decoder.

Yes you can only have two locos in the Railmaster Demo .

I did delete one completely before adding the non Hornby sound loco.

I have done nothing on the programming track though.

When

I tried the Hornby sound loco I just picked the correct loco from their list and hey presto it all worked .I just assumed it would be similar for the non Hornby one.I just set the speeds on the railmaster and assigned 6 sound functions including sound on/off

in the control panel.I have not had the loco on the programming track.Is that what I have done wrong?

Archived