Need advice on selling Hornby trains

RSguideMaker

I've got a load of Hornby trains that I've had for years now, and I've decided it's time to probably sell them. They have only ever been used about once or twice, so are in very good condition. There are minor damages to the trains, but they all run work.

I would like to know how much everything I have is worth (how much you reckon I could get) and where would be the best place to sell it.

My stuff includes:

Rambler R1035 (Complete boxed)

Track Pack R363 (Twin Track Conversion Set)

00 Gauge

Scale Models Accessory Range (Level crossings, one broken)

R915 Power Controller

R912 Power Unit

HST R2701 BR Intercity 125 Class 43 (does not hook up properly, broken connectors)

& assorted 00 Gauge scale models trains including McVities,

KitKat, Texaco and Weetabix carriages. Some packaging damaged, along with some trains but most working perfectly on last check.

I am only looking for approximate valuations at the moment, and I do have images of everything that I can provide.

RSguideMaker said:

I've got a load of Hornby trains that I've had for years now, and I've decided it's time to probably sell them. They have only ever been used about once or twice, so are in very good condition. There are minor damages to

the trains, but they all run work. I would like to know how much everything I have is worth (how much you reckon I could get) and where would be the best place to sell it.

My stuff includes:
Rambler R1035 (Complete boxed)
Track Pack R363 (Twin

Track Conversion Set)
00 Gauge Scale Models Accessory Range (Level crossings, one broken)
R915 Power Controller
R912 Power Unit
HST R2701 BR Intercity 125 Class 43 (does not hook up properly, broken connectors)

& assorted 00 Gauge scale

models trains including McVities, KitKat, Texaco and Weetabix carriages. Some packaging damaged, along with some trains but most working perfectly on last check.

I am only looking for approximate valuations at the moment, and I do have images of everything

that I can provide.

So they have only been used once or twice and are in very good condition but there is minor damage to the trains plus your class 43 has broken connectors and the wagons have damaged boxes? Seems to be a contradiction there.

I

would suggest either listing the whole lot on something like Gumtree or use an online auction site. This can be useful for valuations as well, see what the same item have sold for in the past.

Most value is probably in the R1035 at between 30 and 50

quid depending on condition but I doubt if you would clear more than 100 for the lot

Archived