Dcc Id problem

Smithy58

I have come back to running my n gauge layout after completing the wiring up to ensure it is completely electrified to run dcc locos. The issue I have is that train 2has become train 3 again which coincides with another train 3 as they both started moving

at the same time. So I have tried to reprogram the id nos after removing all the other locos off the track. The rail master software does not seem to be letting me change the id. Can anybody help in giving a step by step process of how to do this as I am not

sure if I have followed it right?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Colin

Hi smithy, it is covered well in the RM manual but a couple of points to remember - can only change ID when connected to the programming output, not the track output. Then after changing the ID, don't forget to actually write it to the decoder as per the

final instruction.

Fishmanoz said:

Hi smithy, it is covered well in the RM manual but a couple of points to remember - can only change ID when connected to the programming output, not the track output. Then after changing the ID, don't forget to actually write

it to the decoder as per the final instruction.

Glad I was able to help and that your problem is solved.

But this isn't good enough. We can't close off the thread just like that. We need at least 10 pages of learned discussion on the NMRA spec, CV definitions, long addressing v short addressing

in particular, and I don't know what else. Well I know that Graskie will find at least one word play to remind us of the ridiculous, and he may even develop an entire treatise on sightseeing in London on a double decker bus with no roof at all. Or maybe not.

Archived