Voice Control

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is a problem or not but I have just downloaded the latest update and got a malicious adware warning giving RM as the path. I had it last time as well. Malwarebytes stops it but just thought I would point it out. R-

Some Internet browsers and antivirus packages will report any executable file downloaded into a program folder.  It will be a warning i.e. "You should be care about downloading exe files" type thing, however all files we upload are virus-free.

You should add your RailMaster folder as an exception to your antivirus software.

To help with the current need to be constantly updating RM manually for overnight fixes this may help.

1. On your desktop right click and select New - Shortcut.

Copy and past these words  www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe into the dialogue that opens. Click next and give it a name such as RM update. Then click Finish.

2. The other method is to right click on the hyperlink above and select copy shortcut, then go to your desktop and right click and select paste shortcut. Right click the shortcut and select rename if you wish.

Then whenever you need to fetch a new update just double click the shortcut. Tell it to save, then from your Downloads folder select run as adminstrator.

SInce the last update (see my post at 08:42) I have been unable to operate any points via voice control and and when I call for a loco by DCC ID the voice control box says "Point [my loco number]" but nothing happens to points or loco. I have sent an assistance request via e-mail within RM but as yet not received the usual acknowldegment. I expect Hornby are busy with the web update as that went a bit kerfluey on me earlier this afternoon. I think I'll have a cuppa. R-

I have updated to revision 7 and found that all points that were working correctly in revision 6

now don’t throw at all, the speech window shows the correct command but the on screen diagram

does not change. I do get some flickering of the blue point indicator lines.

The sound on my Sparrow Hawk now turns on/off instead of whistling. I have gone back to revision six until the points issue is resolved

Ken

Well done RMS. Certainly sorted out my locos and as far as tested all functions seem to be ok. Stop now seems to do an all stop and if you ask to restart you get dialogue box which you have to manually tick. Great improvement on locos but now lost any control over points albeit commands are being recognised correctly. I am sure that is probably an easy one to solve. Thanks again for your hard work. Malcolm

What happens if you say Sound On, then Sound On again afew seconds later. Does the sound toggle off, then on, or does it toggle off and stay off.

I've found that if an RM progamme was interupted then my lights on and off commands could become inverted, so I had to toggle then manually to get them back in synch. Same thing may apply with Sound commands in VR.

This was the case with Sound on/off in Rev 6 and earlier here, but it seems to have been sorted in Rev 8. Points/signals not setting at startup was a problem on my initial upgrade, but was long since sorted by an early revision. All of which makes me wonder if you are actually using Rev 8 - you shoud be able to see the actiive revision number by hovering over 1.56 in the lower righthand side of the RM window

First off let me say well done to HRMS for all the work they are putting in.

I have loaded revision eight and now all points work as expected.

Most commands are recognised although Stop sometimes gets a response of All Stop,

the only issues now seem to be with sound commands i.e. Sound on/ off doesn’t always work as expected and some of the commands either don’t work or are labelled incorrectly, not the end of the world but annoying for an old pedant like me.

Oh and all sound commands are correct when triggered with the mouse.

Ken

Ken

I also appreciate the work that HRMS are putting into Railmaster.  The support they are providing at all times of day (and night!) is excellent.

I also have a problem with STOP, which is either ignored completely, results in EMERGENCY STOP or works correctly.  I have not even tried to report this because I have not yet obtained a good quality Microphone and I am only using a very simple Desktop microphone.  Even with this poor quality set-up though, voice control works extremely well apart from the STOP issue.

Archived