Voice Control

Hi, I'm new to the forum but I was wondering if any of you guys could help. 

When running a sound loco a voice command issued to fire a set of points is not recognised by by RM. When I turn the loco sound off say the command again the points fire. To me this does not correct. I am using a Logitech H800 headset.

Can anyone out there help on this one.

bunny 1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi bunny 1,

Welcome to the Forum. I had this problem when I first started, but I found that doing a couple of extra "training sessions" with a sound loco doing its thing about 4 feet away, allowed the system to get used to my voice in that scenario.

Ray

If you look at RogerB's post on the 8 Oct you will see we are at 9 but as each day passes its worth downloading the setup.exe again just in case another revision has been issued.

The method of putting a shortcut on your desktop to make this easy for you has also been explained on the forum.

For completeness then - there were probably a couple of things that had not set themselves up properly (I didn't do it - honest Guv) and once HRMS has been in and had a look, re-set the problems all is well. The main issue it seems was my laptop was using it's own microphone and not the one on the headset. I can hardly believe that it is the same system. Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your help as, I am sure, do my neighbours. R-

Hi All  Having returned from holiday I have spent all day setting up my new laptop   - got a cracking buy at John Lewis in Liverpool.  Asus  touch screen  8GB ram 1TB and i5 processor for £239  (had a missing charger and no packaging - returned article)  Has 2 year warranty and Maplin sorted out charger.  Could not believe my luck.   Eventually got deactivated and reactivated doing the old tricks of switching off the firewall even though supposed to allow.  All working again and whilst will have too redo the course on windows 8.1 I did achieve voice control which was very good considering.  Stop not liked though as it reverts to windows start screen so using loco stop as the safe option.   One thing though is one still experiences delay in commands so not convinced my previous issues were all computer related.  However still pleased as I have touch screen as well and should cope with any further improvements.   Could it be the Elite hardware is lacking bearing in mind it is now old technology.   regards Malcolm

Hi Mal - good to hear that the laptop is working out for you. seems as though you got a bargain. Regarding VC I too have a second or two delay in commands actually being acted upon - and when I issue a speed command I get no response from the loco until I issue a 2nd speed command. I had a problem with my headset and another with my laptop which are both sorted now. So, intend going through this thread from the beginning just to see what I may have missed. I may even summarise my findings somewhere. R-

Regret to say that after last week's sucesses voice recognition has fallen over today. Have been trying to fix it myself (speech recognizer [sic]) error it seems has blocked VR Windows start-up. RM voice control window opens OK but no words of mine are getting through. I have logged a support call with HRMS through the RM system and sent a screen grab via traditional e-mail, and will report outcome. While were waiting though anyone know what the musical note icon does in the voice control box window? I get that the loudspeaker can be muted with the far left button, but can't figure out what the next one over does. Any ideas? R-

Ok - voice control back up and running - just got to do the training again!! Oh well. It seems that a key went missing from the Registry (CFTMON.EXE, or simiilar) which was preventing MS speech recognition starting when the laptop booted up. I created a new key and all seems to be well. That is once I'd discovered that I'd left the mouse wireless usb dongle thingy in the port the headset one uses, they are similar honest. Where the original registry file went I don't know as VC / SR were fine last week. If you want to know any more I look forward to hearing from you. Please don't alter Registry files unless you know what you are doing. (I don't by the way - just feeling brave / stupid yesterday). R- 

Hi Guys,

It sounds as if I may have the same or similar problem with VC. Using VC for points only, they will fire and using VC to control Locos is OK. but running my sound Locos and issuing a command for the points to fire VC does not recognise the point change command.

I have read the thread re "set up your microphone" from RogerB and RDS on Mon 13 Oct, how does that work as when I hover over the microphone icon nothing happens.

RM support suggest that the volume on all my sound locos is set too high. I have done 4/5 training sessions with a sound loco running in the background, but still no luck. Can anybody assist

I am using a Logitech H800 headset. 

bunny 1

Hi Bunny - the hover just bring up a small text box that tell you what the button does. You should be able to click it and go to the MS mic set-up screen. I have just tried mine and the button merely bounces up and down! If you can get to the Control Panel and then speech recognition you will see the same screen as this button would normally take you to. Sorry to say this - but I got this wrong - make sure your headset dongle thing is in a USB port. Otherwise not only will you set up your computer mic (not the headset mic) but you also cantt make the headset visible to speech recognition - and thereby make it the one you want to use. Does that make any sense? R-

Hi, I have a quick question about the 2 aspect junction signals. I was trying to get the feather to turn off in voice control but it would register the command on screen  but the display signal would not change. Does the feature actually work yet? I want to set the signal green with feather off for straight on & on for routing left or right. has anyone worked out how to do this ?

I have changed my 8 years old laptop and as I got an absolute bargain with a returned on at John Lewis I am happy albeit as we suspected it has not resolved the problem of delayed commands.   I still have to open and close R M 2 or 3 times before all works and then it really does work well and today I had some time so could really test it out and for just on 2 hours all went excellently.   Not sure why one gets this delay in command getting to loco or whatever.   RMS obviously relate it to other things happening on ones computer.   Nice having it working well and even got my ipad working with it although really a little redundant now.   Malcolm

In that case ti, why don't you raise a new topic with a heading something like Feather Operation on 2-Aspect Junction Signals. Then you stand a good chance of getting an answer from Ray and PJ who are the current experts and may not be monitoring this VC thread. You might also tell them what brand of signal and what accessory decoder you are using. 

I normally work on the principle that if all else fails - read instructions but last night just for interest, I spent some time looking through the RM instructions.

I have experimented previously with Voice Control (VC) and on a number of occasions I have noticed that my voice command has been correctly displayed in the RailMaster VC window but my layout has not responded.

I noticed on page 64 of the manual that it states 'If you notice that the command is being recognized in the Voice Control status area, however RailMaster is not acting on it, you should consider increasing the recognition level (see later). What does it mean by Recognition level and later? I could not find anything (later?) that referred to this again. To me, if the command has been displayed correctly in the VC window, then VC has worked correctly and the problem then lies between the VC window and RM carrying out the command.

Archived