Floating Keys

I have read the manual over and over in the Programmable Floating Keys section but ....

I set the area of the plan I wish to allocate the Floating Key to and click Plan, name it and save it but when I click on the button it does not give me the area I had just set it to.

Doing this in the main window as it seems to be the only place the Buttons are visible.

Probably something very simple I am missing here but can someone please shed some light on what it might be?

Thanks.

Thanks for that tip IM after  some experimenting as I had no clue about x y parameters I have the two sections of layout displayed as I want.

Another question though, I now have three boxes in Floating Buttons, two used and named and the other just a grey square ! Not a big deal

Admin edit: Removed the 'starred' swear word

The bin should delete it. However, if you are computer literate, close RM, go into railmaster directory and there is a file called progbuttons.dat.  Open it with notepad. It is a simple file with one line for each button.  Delete the offending line, save the file and restart RM.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone experienced these buttons ceasing to work? I had two buttons each playing a sound file, but then they stopped working. Today I added a third button to play a sound, and that is working at the moment, but the first two aren't. This is the content of my ProgButtons.dat file:-

SOUND:A4 sound 1~-14:-3SOUND:A4 sound 2~-13:0SOUND:a4~a4-srw.wav

It looks to me like the first two items have been corrupted - the names of the sound files have been overwritten by some garbage.

HRMS has anyone reported this as a fault? If I report it, is ProgButtons .dat one of the files which is sent to you with the report?

Ray

As the edit facility isn';t working at the moment, I have re-posted the above here:-

Has anyone experienced these buttons ceasing to work? I had two buttons each playing a sound file, but then they stopped working. Today I added a third button to play a sound, and that is working at the moment, but the first two aren't. This is the content of my ProgButtons.dat file:-

SOUND:A4 sound 1~-14:-3

SOUND:A4 sound 2~-13:0

SOUND:a4~a4-srw.wav

It looks to me like the first two items have been corrupted - the names of the sound files have been overwritten by some garbage.

HRMS has anyone reported this as a fault? If I report it, is ProgButtons .dat one of the files which is sent to you with the report?

Ray

As I remember it from early on when I used them, the floating buttons bar can be dragged anywhere you want to put them without going into x,y co-ord definition.

Hi RAF,

Were you answering the original question just now?

Ray

Yes I thought I was. I also remember reporting to HRMS that if you minimised RM the floating button bar stayed on screen so doesn't appear to have much of a link with the plan screen, which makes me think maybe my button bar and the floating keys in the thread are not the same thing.

I think the original post was referring to the ability to place a button on the button bar which, when pressed, moves your track plan to the x, y co-ordinates which you specify. It isn't to do with where the button bar itself is positioned on the screen.

Ray

I think the original post was referring to the ability to place a button on the button bar which, when pressed, moves your track plan to the x, y co-ordinates which you specify. It isn't to do with where the button bar itself is positioned on the screen.

Ray

Re-reading through my Specsaver clarifiers and noting the augmented explanation from you Ray, I can clearly see I had no idea what the OP was trying to do.

Yes its obvious now - he wants a button to zoom his track plan about the place.

Sorry - as it says in the signature - I don't get them all right - not even close this time.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Meanwhile, did you see my new question near the bottom of page 1 ?

Ray

Yes I did Ray but never having hung anything on these buttons but simple points routing it didn't rouse me to providing a comment. No doubt someone has and will respond that they have reported it - hopefully.

Archived