Train tech color light signal kits

mcrook62

Hi

As anyone had problem with these signals, I have replace a eckon signal that work fine with one of the above wire the common in to the hornby ass controllerd decoder and the red and green light wire into the other 2 ports

and no lights tsest the eckon fine then I notice on the blub that comes with the kit that it can be conntected to a DCC ass controller but not names.

now I'am no electrical expert but the common is neg and the other 2 are pos is this the crux of the problem? with the hornby ass box!

any help would be welcome waiting for train tech to get back to me but that won't be unntil tomorrow and tonight I wanted to replace 9 signals

regards

mcrook62

Accessory decoders output the common C terminal as Positive and the two switched outputs marked + and - as switched negatives.

I recommend you look at their SC1 or SC2 decoders. Very easy to set up and use? :-)

hi

yes that is possible but i have invested in hornby acc module and it would be a exspense to change to something else

is there not a workround that could change the acc to except the train tech signals

Regards

Mcrook62

is there not a workround that could change the acc to except the train tech signals

Regards

Mcrook62

There is a small circuit that you could build that can do what you want, if you are happy with soldering up transistors and resistors. You would need two circuits for each port of the accessory decoder that you want to use with the signals. I'll try and find a circuit diagram and post it later or someone else may be able to help.

Regards

Mcrook62

There is a small circuit that you could build that can do what you want, if you are happy with soldering up transistors and resistors. You would need two circuits for each port of the accessory decoder that you want to use with the signals. I'll try and find a circuit diagram and post it later or someone else may be able to help.

Hi RJ

Thanks for that I will be looking at train techs sc1 decoder when I am up at warley on sunday, but it's the hornby acc controller that is the problem as it's common is pos and the signals are neg common as the train tech signal kit led's come fixed they can't be changed so I am awaiting hornbys reply if the acc module can be changed.

Best regards

Mcrook62

The output of the Hornby accessory decoder cannot be changed from how it is manufactured ... Common is Positive while the + and - are the switched negatives to the Common. This is a fairly standard arrangement on most accessory decoders and even applies to loco decoder function outputs too.

Your problem is you're trying to use an analogue signal which is specifically manufactured to have positive aspect switching with a digital decoder, and the two are not compatible.

Your former Eckon signals can be wired common positive or common negative. Why change them? They are very good signals.

The only way you're going to get the Traintronic analogue signals to work with an accessory decoder like the Hornby one is to build the transistor convertor mentioned by Rog(RJ) or use the TrainTronics SC1 or SC2 decoders which are sold specifically to work with their analogue signals.

That's right Rog, I use traintech lights with hornby accessory controller and you have to switch the polarity, which you can do with a latching relay. I posted instructions on how to do this some time back. You don't even need to solder if you use the test circuit blocks that maplins and others sell. BTW this problem applies to any accessory decider, not just hornby. that is primarlily designed to throw points, they all have the voltage the wrong way round for LED colour signals. As others have said probably the best solution is an accessory decoder designed for colour signals, but requires extra expenditure.

The output of the Hornby accessory decoder cannot be changed from how it is manufactured ... Common is Positive while the + and - are the switched negatives to the Common. This is a fairly standard arrangement on most accessory decoders and even applies to loco decoder function outputs too.

Your problem is you're trying to use an analogue signal which is specifically manufactured to have positive aspect switching with a digital decoder, and the two are not compatible.

Your former Eckon signals can be wired common positive or common negative. Why change them? They are very good signals.

The only way you're going to get the Traintronic analogue signals to work with an accessory decoder like the Hornby one is to build the transistor convertor mentioned by Rog(RJ) or use the TrainTronics SC1 or SC2 decoders which are sold specifically to work with their analogue signals.

Hi

They are train-tech signals not traintronics

Regards

Mcrook62

Hi

They are train-tech signals not traintronics

Regards

Mcrook62

Archived