Can I have another copy of the software another computer?

Glenbo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi westernwill

No, I didn't see a request for that.

Does this mean I have to de-activate and redo or uninstall aand reinstall?

I have a small table at the end of my layout 18"x15", on this I have monitor keyboard and mouse and was balancing my laptop on my knee at the same time ;o) Rushing to I guess, thinking all I had to do was add the activation code!!!

More haste, less speed!

PJ

Hi westernwill

No, I didn't see a request for that.

Does this mean I have to de-activate and redo or uninstall aand reinstall?

I have a small table at the end of my layout 18"x15", on this I have monitor keyboard and mouse and was balancing my laptop on my knee at the same time ;o) Rushing to I guess, thinking all I had to do was add the activation code!!!

More haste, less speed!

PJ

Hi PJ

I think you just need to activate the propack as though yiu have just purchased it.

Not sure as I don't yet have it myself but I don't think you need to deactivate etc.

Hope this helps

Bryan

UPDATE.

I have de-registered the software, closed down RM and then restarted it.

I clicked the thumbs up icon to add the activation code. It only allows 5x5 digits total 25

The activation code I have for Pro Pack is 27 digits, it won't allow me more than 25 digits and theree was no other option visible to add any other code? I have registed RM with the RM activate code and end up in the same position

It confirms I have DCC Model Railway software version 1.58 installed.

PJ

PJ

Wasn't there a different way that pro pack had to be activated.

I vaguely remember on the forum people having to do it through loco setting or something.

I just searched but could not findthe relevant discussion.

Bryan

Amazing how suddenly the penny drops!

I remembered as soon as you said Loco Detection tab

I have now submitted the activation code, closed RM and re-opened.

In settings ther eis still no back up and still the arrow icon to buy RM Pro???

I will connect to the elink and open again to see if it clears the fault.

Thanks for jogging my memory regarding activation of the Pro version

PJ

I have just received my activation code for upgrading to RM Pro. I myself couldn't find any reference to it on my RM1.58, but eventually discovered it under the "Help" drop-down tab at the top of the screen. I'll let you know how it goes. My one concern is that I have not set up an email facility on the Note Book working my railway. I therefore had to have the Hornby acknowledgement and activation code sent to this desktop PC. However, I am not expecting any problems on noting and putting the activation code into my Note Book. We'll see.

PJ, again, don't need connection to the eLink to activate ProPack.

But remember there was a problem for some in activating it at RM startup and had to use the field in the Setup window instead. And I also found I needed to turn off my AV until Ilisted it as an exception, something I hadn't had to do before.

Thanks, fellow posters, for your very helpful responses, especially PJ suggesting setting up a separate hotmail ID on my note book, which I might just do.

Actually I'm dumbstruck you should suggest I might be upgrading for voice control!

My reason for moving on is really for some of the other improved facilities but I'm not telling you which ones because I'm taking my ball home now.

Incidentally, my sound locos talk to me.

Thanks, fellow posters, for your very helpful responses, especially PJ suggesting setting up a separate hotmail ID on my note book, which I might just do.

Actually I'm dumbstruck you should suggest I might be upgrading for voice control!

My reason for moving on is really for some of the other improved facilities but I'm not telling you which ones because I'm taking my ball home now.

Incidentally, my sound locos talk to me.

No problem Graskie.

Just enjoy your trains. It will take your mind off your gold bars ;o]

I have this morning uninstalled RM from the laptop. (originally installed from disc purchased)

I have then re-installed it from http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe

Problems still exist. No backup button but arrow button to purchase Pro is still showing.

Software and Pro are both activated.

I am waiting for RM to respond, meanwhile I have de-registered on the laptop and re-activated on the main PC

PJ

PJ A thought. Did you deactivate Pro before deactivating RM. If not then Pro will still be active on your main PC and not able to be activated on your laptop.

When you deactivate the software on machine A, we do this through RM via the '?' icon and then the 'padlock' icon. Deactivating, RM automatically deactivates Pro version at the same time.

When I installed on machine B I first add the software activation code in RM, then go to the setttings icon, Loco Detection tab, add the Pro code in the box near the bottom and activate. For some reason it didn't activate but I thought it had. I have tried again today and it has activated?  Thinking back, although I clicked the activate button and didn't see a confirmation box. I now know we must see the confirmation box.

It is now working, thank you all, including HRMS this morning. Should anyone else have a problem like this in the future what I have also learnt is, be patient. These items need HRMS to deal with in office hours, they contacted me first thing this morning. Thank you again.

PJ

• 2 weeks later...

on my desktop which is running xp, i can by connecting via  remote desktop bring it up on my laptop, i have full control of my desktop pc i can run programs, install new ones do everything as if i was using the desktop pc directly, Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think this one user licence is a joke. Both my son and I use our layout and quite frankly it is a PITA to keep having to deregister and re-register because quite often I will be out on the road and the licence is activated on my laptop thus rendering his unusable.

I don't quite understand why the software is limited to one PC anyway, surely without an eLink or Elite then the software is of no use to anybody, so why the draconian limitation?

A much better way would be to link the software licence to the eLink/Elite hardware

Archived